Premium 24k golden head Arowana 8 inches not eating

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
4 feet by 2 ft
Well honestly Gaurav, that's really not "much bigger", that's just a little bigger ;) within about a year if not sooner you'll need something bigger to keep your Aro happy and healthy.

As to why your new Aro is jumping a lot now, could be because it's just not settled in yet, could be tank mates (if any), or maybe too much water or air flow in the tank -- hard to tell esp. from remotely, a video would probably help.

Gaurav_Anjarlekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
Well honestly Gaurav, that's really not "much bigger", that's just a little bigger ;) within about a year if not sooner you'll need something bigger to keep your Aro happy and healthy.

As to why your new Aro is jumping a lot now, could be because it's just not settled in yet, could be tank mates (if any), or maybe too much water or air flow in the tank -- hard to tell esp. from remotely, a video would probably help.
Hi,
There are no tank mates and it's a single tank for the Aro. It's a BOYU tank with top loading filter and oxygen. It's base it empty with heater which I use only when I turn on my AC.

Regards,
Gaurav Anjarlekar

IMG_20190921_090044.jpg

flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
I suggest you put a thermometer in there to monitor the temperature. Just because you turn on the ac does mean the tank temperature will drop immediately. I for example live in a tropical climate and some days i use ac, other times I don't but the tank temperature remains a stable 26-27degrees

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Hi,
There are no tank mates and it's a single tank for the Aro. It's a BOYU tank with top loading filter and oxygen. It's base it empty with heater which I use only when I turn on my AC.

Regards,
Gaurav Anjarlekar

View attachment 1391960
A 4*2*2 will work for a few months to an year.
Many people feel, it's a single fish in such a big tank, the tank looks empty, there's so much space.

The thing is at the moment the fish is small, yes you can add a few more fish to the tank, but after an year, you'll see the fish is able to cover the length of the tank in a blink of an eye, That's when the trouble begins, when they start getting spooked easily, jumping, crashing into the walls of the tanks or the hood of the tank.

And kindly secure the hood opening of the tank, as these fish are strong enough to fly out of the flimsy plastic hood door.

Reactions: RD. and SBM

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
And i would suggest to either keep the heater switched on at all times, or to not use it at all, as a fluctuation in temperature is something that doesn't bode well for the fish.

We are in a tropical country, i never use a heater unless the fish is yoy.

Reactions: RD. and SBM

Gaurav_Anjarlekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
Which is the best light for my Crossback Golden Arowana ..as I want to make him look more Golden ..please suggest as I have a BOYU tank

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
This is kind of a personal thing depending on how you want to display your Crossback: any kind of yellow lighting (even a normal household LED with "warm" lighting instead of "daylight") will make it look more gold. The question is how far do you want to go with it, because at the end of the day such lighting is basically kind of make-up (just like a model who looks quite different with or without cosmetics).

Imho some yellow lighting is ok to enhance appearance but quite a few lights labeled as "24K Arowana lighting" or such (e.g. those by Kintons, Qian Hu, etc.) kind of overdo it and it looks quite fake imo (kind of like using pink nan lighting to make one's Flowerhorn look more red). Such lights also make the whole tank and other inhabitants look more yellow, which likewise doesn't look so natural. But I guess it more or less comes down to personal taste so suggested to experiment with some different lights and see what you like best.

Gaurav_Anjarlekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
These days my Crossback Golden Arowana only swims on the top. Aro swims the complete tank but only on the top and his eating is fine when we drop food near by his mouth.
But the live fish or food which goes down or far from the fish, then my fish do not chase to eat it and infact he will never eat the bottom live or frozen food and will keep starving like that for days.
Please suggest someone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store