Putting together a 180gallon Tropheus Tank.

Clay

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2005
Chantilly, Va
Next, put some of this awesome effort into slapping some color on those walls!

I kid I kid. I have a basement that is equally barren and white. Contractor grade paint ftw? I guess I need to add that to my list of things to do before finishing my fish projects... paint behind the tanks. Sigh, I'll never finish.

I bought a router table on amazon today. I plan to make my own doors, but we'll see what happens. I've got my stand about 2/3 finished. It's the prototype for my 90g and if it comes out like it's supposed to, I'll build a 120g matching stand. I'm also going to build a canopy for each.

Mastiffman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
MI.
TropheusAndMore.com
Clay;4806118; said:
Next, put some of this awesome effort into slapping some color on those walls!

I kid I kid. I have a basement that is equally barren and white. Contractor grade paint ftw? I guess I need to add that to my list of things to do before finishing my fish projects... paint behind the tanks. Sigh, I'll never finish.

I bought a router table on amazon today. I plan to make my own doors, but we'll see what happens. I've got my stand about 2/3 finished. It's the prototype for my 90g and if it comes out like it's supposed to, I'll build a 120g matching stand. I'm also going to build a canopy for each.

:ROFL:I know! I'm waiting for the wife to decide on a Paint. Plus I'll have to fix all of the nail pops everywhere as well as a couple of craks in the ceiling. Not a biggie though.

I did think about it all and that's why I decided to leave the stand and tank far enough away from the wall that I could easily fit a Roller back there! I also have no back on the stand so I can easily trim out the registers (with paint) and replace those as well! one day we are going to refinish the hard wood floors as well... So the whole tank will have to come down for that. But I wasn't about to wait for that to get done before setting up the 180... :grinno:

Mastiffman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
MI.
TropheusAndMore.com
nes999;4807778; said:
nice handles

Thanks! As soon as I saw them, it was exactly what I was looking for... didn't get the chance to run by HD tonight for the rest of the trim. Daughter ended up getting the stomach flu from a B-day party that we went to this past weekend....

Oh well.... Should get the trim in the next couple of days...

TRD_Power

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2010
Washington
Man, you did a superb job on this whole project! Function+beauty=done the right way :thumbsup: :headbang2 Also, great job on the scratch removal! I'm going to do the same to my 75g when I decide to upgrade my current fish to something bigger and restock it with something else.

Mastiffman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
MI.
TropheusAndMore.com
TRD_Power;4809638; said:
Man, you did a superb job on this whole project! Function+beauty=done the right way :thumbsup: :headbang2 Also, great job on the scratch removal! I'm going to do the same to my 75g when I decide to upgrade my current fish to something bigger and restock it with something else.

Thanks for the compliments! Be prepared to "feel it".... because it takes a bit of work to get the sparkle out of the scrathes... But it's worth it when it makes it worth it when you have to "look" for the scratch...

Mastiffman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
MI.
TropheusAndMore.com
Update!

Got the Trim for the last Door,FINALLY!!! :ROFL:

Hung the doors with all hardware.

Here's the painting Tools and paint....

Painted the trim First with Doors off, seperated from hardware.

Doors painted..

DOORS INSTALLED!!!! Cabitnet and tank Build FINISHED! YAHOOOOOOOO!!! :ROFL:

No canopy planned at this point...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store