Sign a petition to legalize Asian Arowana in the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
With a president who calls the virus, a "Chinese virus", its unlikely to happen any time soon. Especially, since most arowana keepers are Asian.
Actually I'd think if anyone would "allow" it it would be him. He's a business man he would see the $ Asian arowana would bring. He'd probably call them Chinese fish but whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: Ruturaj

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
Actually I'd think if anyone would "allow" it it would be him. He's a business man he would see the $ Asian arowana would bring. He'd probably call them Chinese fish but whatever.
Your actually right he most probably would be one of the only presidents who would see the bright side of having asian arrowana in which also with all the sales of arrowanas are going to pretty much almost boost the american ecocnony more.

Asian Exotics

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2019
South East Asia
I sure hope you guys get to legalize it. May not be able to get it off the critically endangered list as it still remains as it is, but even if the whole US decides to order Asian arowana from my country, I still will not think it will have any impact to the wild population which unfortunately is so rare, breeders are way better buying adults to breed than trying to catch juvenile arowana (that itself is an illegal act too in the country, as the law says only the third generation is allowed for sale, among other conditions).

Catching from the wild is hardly heard of, and most knows better to release them as farm bred ones are usually better in colour and it isn't that difficult or expensive to buy. It's available in almost every LFS all over the country.

Your actually right he most probably would be one of the only presidents who would see the bright side of having asian arrowana in which also with all the sales of arrowanas are going to pretty much almost boost the american ecocnony more.
woah woah woah politicized content ban incoming mod alert ahhhhhhhhhh

• Haha
Reactions: beau1990

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I sure hope you guys get to legalize it. May not be able to get it off the critically endangered list as it still remains as it is, but even if the whole US decides to order Asian arowana from my country, I still will not think it will have any impact to the wild population which unfortunately is so rare, breeders are way better buying adults to breed than trying to catch juvenile arowana (that itself is an illegal act too in the country, as the law says only the third generation is allowed for sale, among other conditions).

Catching from the wild is hardly heard of, and most knows better to release them as farm bred ones are usually better in colour and it isn't that difficult or expensive to buy. It's available in almost every LFS all over the country.
The line bred stuff is probably more colorful any way. I've said it before we aren't taking them from the wild anymore.

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
Why re they illegal?

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I'm sure if you are a conspiracy theory person there could be other reasons. Isn't it enough that they are about extinct? The law is too strict I agree though. If it's farm bred and chipped why is that not legal? My only guess is it could cause more to be taken from the wild to be sold as legit farm bred chipped ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store