Story thread

What do you prefer to eat around the campfire

• Total voters

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
A group of very wealthy people owned most of the buildings in a city, few buildings were for sale, everything was for rent, which they raised every year.
The people grew poorer and could afford less, but the elite grew richer and richer, they bought judges, bribed cops, many became local politicians and made laws and raised taxes on the general public, they supported the local mob as well, they were untouchable and very comfy.
(Continued)
This isn't a story...it's real life.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Matteus Matteus u ready dude?
Not really but here it goes...

About 10 years ago,I was on a mission trip with about 30 others to Costa Rica. After the flight had landed, we had an 8 hr bus ride into the jungle, then 3 hrs in a boat, and then we had to hike about half an hour from the river to be where we were stationed. The boats weren’t super big so we had to make a few trips for all the people and food and luggage for 30 people for 2 weeks.

I was on one of the last boats to arrive, so it was getting dark by the time we boarded. At this point it was too late to tell anyone I am quite fearful of water since I almost drown when I was a child. (Also I know what’s in the water). As we were trekking through the forest it was pitch black because it was so late, and you couldn’t see stars through the trees because they were so lush. We had no idea where we were or where we were going. Suddenly someone on our brigade screams out in terror and pain. We later summed up that they had been stung by a scorpion.

After the hike was over, we had come to find that there was already a group of people staying in the small remote village we were staying. This meant that some people had to stay in the school which was another 15 min walk away into the darkness. So about 6 of us men including an enterperter, decided we would stay in the dark school for the next few nights while the other people were still there.

Once we arrived at the school we decided the school was now called manville, because we were very manly and shivalrous for being brave enough to stay in the school with the unknown ahead of us. We then proceeded to excercise our masculinity in different poses flexing for the camera, and belching and talking about manly things in manville. These photos may or may not still exist, with titles such as “must we never forget manville....”

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
So the next masculine thing we decided to do was tell scary stories and see who the biggest chickens were. Our interpreter told a story from the area of shamen who turn themselves into owls and scream at the gringos (white skinned folks) to scare them off. Then someone else told a story that didn’t really seem to bother anyone in the group. So I started to get fed up and began telling some real life ghost stories from my aunts house.

As I started to tell the first story, there seems to have been a cat making a yowling noise like it was in heat or in excrushiating pain or something in the distance. Yaaaawwwwwllllll. Then someone is like shhhh. What was that? So said “it’s a cat.” And continued to tell a story. Then it seemed to have come a bit closer to the school. Yaaaaaawwwwwllllll. And I just kept tellling the story. Just as I was getting to a scary part of the ghost story, it sounded like it was right next to us. Yaaaaaaawwwwwwwlllllllll. I went to keep telling but they were like “Shut up, Shut up, Shut the F up!!” So I stopped.

Then after what seemed like a long silence, but was probably only a few minutes, someone started shuffling around. I heard a mosquito tent zip up so I turned on my flashlight. I saw one of the very masculine and strong men of mansville getting up to go to what I assumed was the washroom. Then like a bat out of hell all I heard was this cat.. RERARAAARRRAAANNNGARRRRAAAAWWWW!!!!!!!!! The sound went all the way around the entire school perimeter that we were sleeping, then shot off into the black jungle. I looked back at the big masculine fella who was going to the washroom, who stopped dead in his tracks, did almost a bob in his step, and turned around to go back into his mosquito tent for the night. I’m not sure if he just peed his pants there or if he just held it, but either way he didn’t leave the school. The next day most of the men didn’t even talk about the nightly excitement.......

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
So the next masculine thing we decided to do was tell scary stories and see who the biggest chickens were. Our interpreter told a story from the area of shamen who turn themselves into owls and scream at the gringos (white skinned folks) to scare them off. Then someone else told a story that didn’t really seem to bother anyone in the group. So I started to get fed up and began telling some real life ghost stories from my aunts house.

As I started to tell the first story, there seems to have been a cat making a yowling noise like it was in heat or in excrushiating pain or something in the distance. Yaaaawwwwwllllll. Then someone is like shhhh. What was that? So said “it’s a cat.” And continued to tell a story. Then it seemed to have come a bit closer to the school. Yaaaaaawwwwwllllll. And I just kept tellling the story. Just as I was getting to a scary part of the ghost story, it sounded like it was right next to us. Yaaaaaaawwwwwwwlllllllll. I went to keep telling but they were like “Shut up, Shut up, Shut the F up!!” So I stopped.

Then after what seemed like a long silence, but was probably only a few minutes, someone started shuffling around. I heard a mosquito tent zip up so I turned on my flashlight. I saw one of the very masculine and strong men of mansville getting up to go to what I assumed was the washroom. Then like a bat out of hell all I heard was this cat.. RERARAAARRRAAANNNGARRRRAAAAWWWW!!!!!!!!! The sound went all the way around the entire school perimeter that we were sleeping, then shot off into the black jungle. I looked back at the big masculine fella who was going to the washroom, who stopped dead in his tracks, did almost a bob in his step, and turned around to go back into his mosquito tent for the night. I’m not sure if he just peed his pants there or if he just held it, but either way he didn’t leave the school. The next day most of the men didn’t even talk about the nightly excitement.......
Sounds fun, there are a few places the pro hunters don't like to go out here because something keeps killing everything, one location here is supposed to be frequented by a African lion....

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store