Suggestions for new 325G Aquarium?

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Took the plunge today and bought my first monster tank. Previously I had only owned a 6x2x2 tank but today I purchased a 96x26x30. Im super excited but I quickly realized theres not a ton of 96" tank lights on the market and not many large filter systems either; but of course a sump is always a good option. My planned stock list will be something along the lines of some of the smaller species of PBass, maybe a few datnoids, and some kind of bottom feeder. That being said, Im looking for some good options for lighting and canister filters beyond the fx6. Should I just go with two 48" lights for the tank? Also, Im not looking to break the bank. I'm not penny pinching but more money saved on the set up means more money to spend on specialty feesh. The lights dont need to be top notch as long as theyre decent, the filter is where I care more about quality as cleaner water means faster growing, healthier feesh. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 9.44.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 9.43.53 PM.png

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Use two 48" lights or even two 36". The lights don't necessarily have to cover the full width, as the light will disperse anyway. I have a 48" light on my 72" tank, and it's fine.

I'm using a Fluval Aquasky and like it. It's programmable and controllable via a phone app over bluetooth. Was very easy to set up and get going.

Reactions: tlindsey

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
If you're going with canisters on this tank, I think you're probably going to need a triple FX-6 setup unless you're not planning to stock it heavily. I'm running dual FX-6 in addition to a HOB on my 180.

Thacarter54632

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2019
Shoplights are your friend. You can use led drop in bulbs, retrofit low voltage led bulbs, or just use cheap fluorescent bulbs. Cheap lighting.

local hero

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2006
...in my head
Are those attached to the stand, the wall, or the tank? I might have to make something similar to hold the spotlight above my desktop aquarium.

These are attached to the wall with rigid conduit strap, I have a similar setup on a terrarium where I attached the light to the stand using the same conduit strap.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store