Swordspine Snooks (Centropomus ensiferus)

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
If you've never heard or seen these beauties before you should definitely look into them!

These guys are currently about 3" and are going for $35.oo Ea.
DSC01343.JPG DSC01343.JPG DSC01346.JPG DSC01344.JPG

WOLF2013

Banned
MFK Member
May 2, 2018
Lake Worth Florida
www.youtube.com
Think I just found a new oddball for my aquarium! Is this a schooling species or can one live singly?

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Think I just found a new oddball for my aquarium! Is this a schooling species or can one live singly?
I haven't been able to find a lot of info on that to be honest but from the info I've gathered, taking care of them, and fish similar to them id say the don't mind being near each other nor shoaling but I wouldn't say they school, I've had ones separated from others that abandon tank into the next tank over and they do just as well. If I were buying them though to bring home and I had the room I'd probably like to have 3 together though, super neat fish in my opinion!!

Reactions: WOLF2013

WOLF2013

Banned
MFK Member
May 2, 2018
Lake Worth Florida
www.youtube.com
I haven't been able to find a lot of info on that to be honest but from the info I've gathered, taking care of them, and fish similar to them id say the don't mind being near each other nor shoaling but I wouldn't say they school, I've had ones separated from others that abandon tank into the next tank over and they do just as well. If I were buying them though to bring home and I had the room I'd probably like to have 3 together though, super neat fish in my opinion!!
Good to hear. I am going to get one as a show piece oddball predatory just not sure when but I will.

Reactions: AquaScape

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It bettter be soon or they may all be gone soon lol

Reactions: AquaScape

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Good to hear. I am going to get one as a show piece oddball predatory just not sure when but I will.
well if youd like I can let you know when we dwindle down some and start getting low

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Just bought 6. They are starting to dwindle down lol.

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Just bought 6. They are starting to dwindle down lol.
hahaha we still got a bit more!! definitely a handful or two, thank you for the order Ron! Hope you enjoy these guys

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store