The Official Wolfmans tank thread

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
Damn sorry for the loss. I have only had one successful arrow/pbass combo but it was only one arrow and one pbass and three dats, since then I have tried twice with arrow/bass combo and have had no success it seems to work well when the bass are smaller once the bass get some size at feeding time the arrow always would get battered when the bass strike the food at the surface. So after the loss of 2 arrows I gave up on the combination
That's pretty much been my experience as well. I had the combo work out about ten years ago and it was just one bass with the Aro, but like you said once the bass start to put on size the bass are just too explosive when feeding and the Arowana just spook and never get chance to eat. My bass are like kamikaze pilots at feeding time LOL. I won't be trying the combo again I just have bad luck when it comes to Arowana. Bass only from now on.

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Just a quick pic of the xingu. It's taking tilapia shrimp bloodworms and pellets. Starting to get some nice makings coming through. It's doubled in size since I got it.
View attachment 1418720View attachment 1418721
Love how the wilds and f1 display vertical stripes as well as horizontal vs the generic farmy only having horizontal... just switched mine from bio gold to massivore today... can’t wait till mine look as great as yours

Last edited:

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Very nice. The trim on the tank and stand looks great. Bass look super too.

Reactions: tlindsey

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
looking good!

re reading yours and cigars comments on the arow / bass combo - im thinking i have a 6-12 months to figure something out for the arow (16”) or the bass (12”) - arow already had his eye jacked ?

how many fry did you keep? was it hard to off load them?

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Yep I was thinking on putting mine in with the bass but too but my Jardini would start something he could not finish. Him and my tem did not like each other when they were small. I can see it now a 14in. Arow hanging out of my 18-19in teminsis mouth.
"SLURP" lol.

Reactions: dr exum

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
looking good!

re reading yours and cigars comments on the arow / bass combo - im thinking i have a 6-12 months to figure something out for the arow (16”) or the bass (12”) - arow already had his eye jacked ?

how many fry did you keep? was it hard to off load them?
I just have had bad luck with that combo after a few attempts, down the road if I ever get out of bass, I would like to try it again with rays.
I ended up keeping 4 out of the spawn. I'm most likely going to off load them to my lfs, they will give me store credit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store