The "Royal" Family (Galaxy P14)

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
They looking stunning Dieselhybrid Dieselhybrid !!
Thank you Maria. The spots are whitening and the bases are darkening. They grow slowly but they eat steadily they've been a joy to watch

Stellar! Absolutely knockouts!
Thank you buddy. My friend did such a great job picking them out, i told him he need to pick out my next car, house, wife...At least a lottery ticket. lol jk

Reactions: MariaS and SHARK13

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
Thank you buddy. My friend did such a great job picking them out, i told him he need to pick out my next car, house, wife...At least a lottery ticket. lol jk
:D I can agree to that

Bluebarry

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
China
awesome looking rays!

little off topic but how exactly can you tell a low grade p14 from a high grade p14 at a pup age? high end as in bigger white dots and closer together and base more black. They all look pretty similar at a small age?

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I question pure p14 the further they progress. They are just too damn pretty compared to the mostly black p14 I see wc.
The more I see them the more I want one or six...

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
awesome looking rays!

little off topic but how exactly can you tell a low grade p14 from a high grade p14 at a pup age? high end as in bigger white dots and closer together and base more black. They all look pretty similar at a small age?
I do not know if it is possible to tell the grade of a P14 while in the juvenile stage. They change so much in appearance of the first year. I would think the parents would be the best indicator. I received these after their juvenile pattern had changed. I do not know how they looked as pups. Hopefully some day I will be able to breed them and see what they look like as pups.

Reactions: Bluebarry

Bluebarry

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
China
I do not know if it is possible to tell the grade of a P14 while in the juvenile stage. They change so much in appearance of the first year. I would think the parents would be the best indicator. I received these after their juvenile pattern had changed. I do not know how they looked as pups. Hopefully some day I will be able to breed them and see what they look like as pups.

ahh i see, thanks for your input, cause i see a lot of pups for sale. and i guess like most pups at a young age..its hard to tell how they will grow up to be, they are usually a gamble on how they turn out. if only all the rays i got turned out to be like yours hahaha!

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
With pups it is always a bit of a gamble, it helps knowing the parents. We pay for the potential. With rays already showing the desired patterns they are usually older, and the owners are less likely to sell. Harder to find.

Thank you for the compliment! I was fortunate that a friend could help me find what I wanted. Your location says China Bluebarry I have heard the stingray hobby is very strong there.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I question pure p14 the further they progress. They are just too damn pretty compared to the mostly black p14 I see wc.
The more I see them the more I want one or six...
You make a good point Woefulrelic Woefulrelic . It seems like the BD also followed a similar path with the captive bred generations "improving" in appearance over the generations. But the faintly spotted p14 of yesteryear definitely look drastically different than these.

I picked up a new book on stingrays which features a breeder of big spot P14 "Royals" in SE Asia. He says he bred dozens of p14. But had a few pairs of quality classic wild caught P14 which made pups with bigger spots and slightly shorter tails. He attempted to control the pattern. So he bred a big spot female pup back to the father and had regular pups, failed. He bred the big spotted male pup with another sibling from the same parents and isolated the gene for big spots. From there selective breeding them for size led us to where they are today.

Others say....He's full of it and they are his secret superhybrids.

Either way they are sweeeeet and alright with me my man

Reactions: Woefulrelic
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store