The Suriname Cichla Growout Thread

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
looking good! all from Wes?

is the little guy in the 1st pic the guys that passed?

super make me want a grow out group! just got everyone on pellets after months...

is this your first tem? i wonder what the captive size is? - maybe when i get my pond i’ll give it a thought.

i feel like i’ve not seen a lot other than Victor down in florida...

thanks for pics!
Yup all from Wes and yup that was the poor guy. But normally I dont like growing out babies because theyre so fragile. This isn't my first Tem, I've actually had 2 or 3 previously but I always got tired of them. I'm thinking since this will be a whole new locale to watch grow I should be a bit more interested in it. It already has slight differences from a regular temensis so Im psyched to see it grow. I know they can still attain 2.5-2.75ft in captivity easy. As it is I'll need to get a bigger tank for him, I wouldnt even keep one my tank long term. Theres a few videos on youtube of the adults and they look insane. A lot seem to get kinda obese though because they lack swimming room I've noticed. Theres a lot of temensis fry circulating but its just like the overfarmed monos/ocells in that they never get very exciting so I highly suggest looking for fry from specific breeders or wc ones if available.

Reactions: dr exum
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store