Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Doing a mountain hike tomorrow. Lions head (and leg work) here I come

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I still have a 'dent' in my left ankle from the achilles tendon extension. That stuff sounds pretty sore
I have a bump on my left ankle from an Achilles tendon rip haha.
I'm thinking that I'm probably not going to opt for surgery until I'm finished swimming in 4 years after college. I'm hoping I can get by with just a debris cleaning and not need surgery at all.
Best be careful there...don't want the permanent damage from letting go.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have a bump on my left ankle from an Achilles tendon rip haha.
Mine was too short so they extented it during my foot operation. my calves are still pretty skinny....

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Mine was too short so they extented it during my foot operation. my calves are still pretty skinny....
hahaha that's funny I had the exact same operation when I was born. Heal cord too short, they cut and extended it. Now after basic training's injury I have a bump in the middle of my Achilles tendon lol.

reefman

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
In front of my tanks
I'm thinking that I'm probably not going to opt for surgery until I'm finished swimming in 4 years after college. I'm hoping I can get by with just a debris cleaning and not need surgery at all.
If you opt for no surgery look up strengthening exercises. If you do overhead presses keep it light you'll feel a big difference in the strength of your shoulders ones gonna feel like it's gonna give out

Reactions: clm08k

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
hahaha that's funny I had the exact same operation when I was born. Heal cord too short, they cut and extended it. Now after basic training's injury I have a bump in the middle of my Achilles tendon lol.
I had to have my bone restructured on top of the achilles extension. I was in crutches and stuff for about 6 months including the start of highschool

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I had to have my bone restructured on top of the achilles extension. I was in crutches and stuff for about 6 months including the start of highschool
ouch I didn't have all that done thankfully, I was in a cast for 6 months but just to allow my heel cord to re-fuse and my ankle to straighten back out.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
ouch I didn't have all that done thankfully, I was in a cast for 6 months but just to allow my heel cord to re-fuse and my ankle to straighten back out.
That's not too bad. I still get pain occasionally in my muscles around the ankle, but it's much better than the constant pain I had during activity before the op. They also put a titanium plate and screws in my foot as well :eek:

Reactions: predatorkeeper87

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
If you opt for no surgery look up strengthening exercises. If you do overhead presses keep it light you'll feel a big difference in the strength of your shoulders ones gonna feel like it's gonna give out
I haven't done any lift that includes overhead since November. It still doesn't feel right when I clean but I think I can get by with old person restrictions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store