Went to buy some shrubs....

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Nice job on the windows!!! And WOW they've gotten large, nice looking fowl.
Thanks! They have gotten big! Still not fully matured, but all their baby feathers are gone now.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
The fowl are looking great, very pretty and congrats on the eggs!

Reactions: tlindsey and MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
The fowl are looking great, very pretty and congrats on the eggs!
Thanks!

Very cool!

How big are the eggs?
Theses two are just a little smaller then large chicken eggs. Some of the first eggs they laid were half this size.

Can you eat the eggs? And use them instead of chicken eggs?
Yes! They actually taste like a better quality chicken egg. My kids love them.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Very cool creature! I thought they were tropical. Apparently they can handle cold weather.
I’m surprised they are so hardy. They are originally from Africa and their normal habitat would be savannas or semideserts.

Perhaps they have just been able to adjust over many generations being bred here in the colder regions?

We did build them a shelter inside the grain bin/coop. It’s inclosed with a cutout door for them to get in and out. Inside is a heat lamp. At night you’ll see them all huddled up inside together.
I’m not sure they would do very well without some sort of heat.

Reactions: tigerbob

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I’m surprised they are so hardy. They are originally from Africa and their normal habitat would be savannas or semideserts.

Perhaps they have just been able to adjust over many generations being bred here in the colder regions?

We did build them a shelter inside the grain bin/coop. It’s inclosed with a cutout door for them to get in and out. Inside is a heat lamp. At night you’ll see them all huddled up inside together.
I’m not sure they would do very well without some sort of heat.
You could always put them in the oven, especially this time of year. That should be very cosy for them! :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
You could always put them in the oven, especially this time of year. That should be very cosy for them! :naughty:
Haha, naw. I’m too fond of these guys.

Next year I’m getting a turkey and I don’t plan on wintering him over....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store