Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
View attachment 1293683 View attachment 1293684 I have an addiction for larger odd ball catfish and wondering what everyone is keeping or what’s your favorite. Post pics and info below :D

My current favorite is the vulture catfish or Calophysus macropterus.
-Got the opportunity to get one about a month ago and couldn’t pass it up been the most unique catfish I’ve owned so far.
Because of you and J jaws7777 i got me a vulture lol

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Because of you and J jaws7777 i got me a vulture lol
Hahahah awesome man. Post some in tank pics.

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
Looks gorgeous, not worried bout the payara being a meal.
I have never worried about this guy with any small fish. Ive grown out atf and payara with him from 5" fish. Unfortunately i had 2 payara and they cam down with some weird disease or disorder that one after the other, in 2 wk intervals, they would start to lose their balance and unable to maintain their ability to sit in the water like normal, stop eating and eventually die. It sux big time! Grew them out from 2" babies, 12 and 10 inch fish when they both died. No one can explain to me what it could have been

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I have never worried about this guy with any small fish. Ive grown out atf and payara with him from 5" fish. Unfortunately i had 2 payara and they cam down with some weird disease or disorder that one after the other, in 2 wk intervals, they would start to lose their balance and unable to maintain their ability to sit in the water like normal, stop eating and eventually die. It sux big time! Grew them out from 2" babies, 12 and 10 inch fish when they both died. No one can explain to me what it could have been
That's the sudden death syndrome. Seems to be what happens with them all eventually. Best guess is something in the water we may have to change as they grow. But no one knows yet.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
That's the sudden death syndrome. Seems to be what happens with them all eventually. Best guess is something in the water we may have to change as they grow. But no one knows yet.
All payaras??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store