What is a Yuan Bao Blood Parrot?

Unit-3

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2020
If you do get one can you'd please tell me who you bought it from and how much it costs. In the future I really want a breeding pair but I don't know any sources or the cost of a pair, so info like that would be appreciated.
That would be a Chinese Mammon Parrot, a high-end version of the King Kong parrot, as far as I know.
Since you're from America, you'll be dealing with people who breed the 'American' version of the strain. The original Chinese one that you're looking at has that HUGE nuchal hump, with a nicely rounded body and getting to somewhere around 14", larger than the American strain, which starts out looking a little more like an arrow-shaped fish. As for fertility, the American version is infertile as far as I know currently (I've had a pair before, they failed, and I'm trying another pair right now, I'll try to show them.), while I think that the original is capable of breeding. Dunno, I'm not an expert, please don't quote me for evidence.

Reactions: AdrianV205

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Sometimes regular parrots fill out when mature and the notch is less pronounced.
Yeah but there are also some on the opposite end of that scale where they just get so heavily notched that it almost looks like somebody just glued a face to a balloon. Lol some ppl like that but it's just not my cup of tea. Loved how the King Kong I had looked, very spherical fish with a head that looked like it belonged to the body.

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT
If you do get one can you'd please tell me who you bought it from and how much it costs. In the future I really want a breeding pair but I don't know any sources or the cost of a pair, so info like that would be appreciated.
Often sterile ......mine used to lay useless eggs all the time

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Yeah but there are also some on the opposite end of that scale where they just get so heavily notched that it almost looks like somebody just glued a face to a balloon. Lol some ppl like that but it's just not my cup of tea. Loved how the King Kong I had looked, very spherical fish with a head that looked like it belonged to the body.
?

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store