What is the consensus with Southern Delight Fish food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2011
So Cal
That's exactly what I've been thinking... why even bother testing SD when a proven brand like NLS is basically the same price in bulk? SD is being hyped like crazy on YouTube right now by a few well-known members of this site (who are also suppliers of SD and have their channels sponsored) so I'm pretty sure that's why it's been mentioned so much around here lately - not because of superior ingredients, results, or price
+1
There are countless amounts of videos on SD, as if the first few explaining it weren't enough. First it was Northfin, now its SD, what's next?
I'll just stick with what has been working for the past decade(s)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

AQUAMONSTER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albany. NY
Is their any real scientific proof NLS is better than other food? If so I would love to see it. If not then its just he said she said crap like all the other foods. Any company can say and have said they stand by their food being the best option for your fish. As far as buying in bulk they're the same price if not close to each other but with SD you can buy 5lbs of different foods where you buy 5lbs of one type of food from nls. What I mean is I don't want 5lbs of one pellet I would rather buy various pellets totalling 5lbs. I like that option as all my fish get various types of SD throughout the week. Also as I said I don't believe food really aids in making improvements in the color of your fish that's more in the genes of the fish.

Sent from my Z796C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
The only thing that scares me off about Sd is that most of the guys on YouTube representing it went on about North fin or whatever it's called for months saying it's the best food around. Now SD. It just seems like all the hype around SD is from a few popular people wanting free stuff from there videos. Probably won't be long until the next brand comes around and there's more Wagon jumpers. I feed hikari gold and NLS. I'll wait till some time has passed by before trying out SD.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Reactions: Cardeater

Endo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2011
So Cal
The only thing that scares me off about Sd is that most of the guys on YouTube representing it went on about North fin or whatever it's called for months saying it's the best food around. Now SD. It just seems like all the hype around SD is from a few popular people wanting free stuff from there videos. Probably won't be long until the next brand comes around and there's more Wagon jumpers. I feed hikari gold and NLS. I'll wait till some time has passed by before trying out SD.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Agreed.
However if you feed hikari, I would suggest feeding the bio-gold instead over the normal gold because that contains corn flakes/starch and the bio doesn't. Otherwise, NLS has shown me and many others the best results

Reactions: Cardeater

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I never heard of SD till this thread. No ads anywhere and not in any of the local stores. I haven't really learned anything from this thread other than "the food I use is best and yours sucks".
I bought a bucket of NLS Mega that I used for the first time today. It didn't go over well except by my lungfish. I didn't like bourbon the first day either. I will give it a chance. I was surprised it cost more than Massivore. I always thoght that was the priciest stuff out there.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
+1
There are countless amounts of videos on SD, as if the first few explaining it weren't enough. First it was Northfin, now its SD, what's next?
I'll just stick with what has been working for the past decade(s)

Agreed, but if we followed that thought process for everything we'd still all be running sponge filters. 😉

I'm curious more than anything. I fed quite a few feeds before I ended up using NLS. Samples don't cost anything and its worth it to me to see for myself head to head with food I use and trust.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I agree John, it's always good to trial new products that are worthy of trialling. IMO this simply isn't one of those products. IMO SD doesn't come close in quality or overall value to NLS, or Omega, or Northfin, or Xtreme, or .....

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Agreed, but if we followed that thought process for everything we'd still all be running sponge filters. 😉

I'm curious more than anything. I fed quite a few feeds before I ended up using NLS. Samples don't cost anything and its worth it to me to see for myself head to head with food I use and trust.

Are you kidding? Sponge filters? I don't know any people with large operations that don't run at least some sponges.

FlatFishLeo

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
USA
Are you kidding? Sponge filters? I don't know any people with large operations that don't run at least some sponges.

Hey hey, I have over 100 sponges and luster jumbo box filters in my fish room running off a 80watt JehmCo Linear Piston Pump. I have Zero Power Filters running ATM and one Rio 1700 in a sump for my 120 tank. My buddy has at least 500 sponges in approx 180 tanks in his 2,000 sq/ft fish room in SoCal. I'd consider his a large operation, unless you live is east Asia and have helpers doing 200% daily water changes? We need bio filters. My opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store