What is the easiest and most successful way to pellet train RTG Arowana?

bAnjar_RED_2

Feeder Fish
Jun 6, 2018
Hey Bro,

I starved him for 25 days and he completely ignored pellets then I had to go on a business trip for a week so I finally gave up and feed him prawns. I have never feed him live but I am sure he would love it. I have tried over 10 brands of pellets (even the ones with shrimp meal) and I have tried every method there on internet like I introduced schooling fish, inserted pellets into prawns, starved him, tried many other methods but all failed.

I even kept him in separate tank just for pellet training and still it was useless. But honestly the method which kind of worked for me was when I reintroduced him in the 340 gallon cichlid community tank. What I do is, I mix the dried shrimps in cichlid pellets (Hikari Gold, Bio Gold plus, Tetrabits) and then drop the food together and because he loves dried shrimp, he attacks the food and ends up eating some of those pellets too. I really think the problem was that before he didn't knew that pellets was food. Still he takes some pellets in the mouth and tries to eat them but spits them out. I feed him market prawns 2 days a week and 3 days I feed him dried shrimp, 2 days are break. He is slowly turning into monster now, he now dominates the tank too, even bigger fishes are scared of him, he has gained 3" in last 3 months. My plans is to starve him for 10 days now and feed only pellets and nothing else because he knows now pellets is food but just cant chew them as small round pellets are like little stones for him. I am waiting till he grows up as then he wont need to chew up the pellets that much, he will just gulp them.

I am now going to mix Hikari carnisticks with cichlid food and dried shrimp and keep feeding that for 1-2 months. the moment he will eat the Hikari carnisticks I will stop feeding him anything else. i have tried that method with freeze dried mealworm, Initially he never used to eat them but by mixing them in cichlid food, he have realised that its food and now loves it. You just need to keep finding different ways till you succeed.

Its really gets hard but dont give up, sooner or later youll find a way, every arowana is diffrent. It took me 2-3 months to finally find this method, now he is growing up and showing more colours. I have attached few recent pictures below, if you wish to know more and would like to watch a feeding video then message me on whatsapp number mentioned below. Good luck bro, have a great day.

Regards,
Additya
(+91) 9899633691

View attachment 1320671 View attachment 1320672 View attachment 1320673 View attachment 1320674 View attachment 1320675 View attachment 1320676 View attachment 1320677 View attachment 1320678 View attachment 1320679 View attachment 1320680 View attachment 1320681
Seriously ur tank is beautiful!! I liked it so much!! Can I msg u in whatapp!? Coz I want to share some ideas and help myself

I tried tetrabits complete he s taking that but it difficult to feed a 8 inch arowana a granule

So I stopped it n feeding hikari alone
Now I got some northfin tropical sticks and northfin arowana samples
They have huge percentage of krill itself
So believing it ll be succes
My final try going to be tetra arowana pellet
And if I'm failing I'm gonna give only fish meat with variety

I found ingredients of all carnivorous food stick
And concluded on few fish meat
So gonna try those sparingly n prawn as main diet..
I wish to contact u n get some input if you ok
I'm from South India

Thanks
Gowtham

Addi_13

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2016
Seriously ur tank is beautiful!! I liked it so much!! Can I msg u in whatapp!? Coz I want to share some ideas and help myself

I tried tetrabits complete he s taking that but it difficult to feed a 8 inch arowana a granule

So I stopped it n feeding hikari alone
Now I got some northfin tropical sticks and northfin arowana samples
They have huge percentage of krill itself
So believing it ll be succes
My final try going to be tetra arowana pellet
And if I'm failing I'm gonna give only fish meat with variety

I found ingredients of all carnivorous food stick
And concluded on few fish meat
So gonna try those sparingly n prawn as main diet..
I wish to contact u n get some input if you ok
I'm from South India

Thanks
Gowtham
Yes feel free to messege me on whatsapp, I will guide you step by step, see you there..

Regards,
Additya

Chaos.yamin666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2021
Hi guys I’ve been trying to pallet train my silver arowana, he sees it eats it but spits it out I threw 4 pieces he only ate one n spitted out the rest, pls advice me on how to train my arowana to eat pallets, I’ll b thankful for u guys forever

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store