What to feed angelfish fry

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Also update number 2: idk what happened but the eggs are gone lol. Probably eaten. So I guess we need to wait a couple weeks before the next batch. Will keep this thread updated. In the meantime I’ll add some slate in the tank to provide places for the angels to lay eggs on for quick and easy removal

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Also update number 2: idk what happened but the eggs are gone lol. Probably eaten. So I guess we need to wait a couple weeks before the next batch. Will keep this thread updated. In the meantime I’ll add some slate in the tank to provide places for the angels to lay eggs on for quick and easy removal
Yeah I kept having a similar problem with my first pair. Only difference is is that it was always the male that ate em and he would always wait till the fry had been fry swimming for a week before just eating em all.

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Yeah I kept having a similar problem with my first pair. Only difference is is that it was always the male that ate em and he would always wait till the fry had been fry swimming for a week before just eating em all.
Yeah my Largest and best looking angelfish pair usually is pretty good (since it’s their 7-8 spawn now) so idk. Maybe the datnoid was making it stressed lol. Also I increased the flow of the tank today right after they spawned. Maybe triggered something in them.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Yeah my Largest and best looking angelfish pair usually is pretty good (since it’s their 7-8 spawn now) so idk. Maybe the datnoid was making it stressed lol. Also I increased the flow of the tank today right after they spawned. Maybe triggered something in them.
Both very plausible. Yeah my old pair were bad parents, never once got any fry from em. I'm just hoping this new pair I got does better since they have their own tank.

Reactions: Rayfishowner

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Both very plausible. Yeah my old pair were bad parents, never once got any fry from em. I'm just hoping this new pair I got does better since they have their own tank.
Yep! It’s sad because when I didn’t want fry (a few months back) they would spawn and become free swimming babies lol. Now they can’t even get past the wiggler stage ??

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Hey guys so update: I removed a batch of my angelfish spawn and they seem to be successful! It’s been a few days and the eggs that do not have fungus have become wigglers and are close to developing eyes and mouths. I’ll keep this updated. Any tips on what I should do next? I know that until they absorb their egg sack they don’t need food. This time I’ll be trying to feed them egg yolk and crushed up massivores since I accidentally forgot brine shrimp and honestly would prefer prepared foods.

DA4E777A-B0FD-49D8-91A8-4255955F00C1.jpeg

DA63FC15-139B-4C02-A983-C632D86B72D0.jpeg

86D23E89-7A6B-48EA-8794-0FFC80C702B7.jpeg

9F40B10F-C274-4DBE-9778-8431CDBA8E8B.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store