- Have you tested your water?
- If yes, what is your nitrite?
- Low since I just did a water change, but since the tank is new it has been high recently
- If yes, what is your nitrate?
- If I did not test my water...
- ...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
- Do you do water changes?
- What percentage of water do you change?
- How frequently do you change your water?
- Every week
- If I do not change my water...
- ...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I have recently purchased a fire eel, he is about 6” long and I have had him for about 2 weeks, he is in a tank with a betta, 2 cory cats, a pleco and a snail, I had a molly and some fry but got rid of them today since they produce so much waste. I just noticed something on its side, it looks like a white slime growth but is localized on two parts on one of his sides, this is new and I’m panicking if anyone knows if somethings wrong and how i could treat it I would really appreciate it. The stuff is on the left side of the picture near the top fin
1.5 MB Views: 22