Whats on my fire eel?

andre99881

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2020
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your nitrite?
Low since I just did a water change, but since the tank is new it has been high recently
If yes, what is your nitrate?
Low
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I have recently purchased a fire eel, he is about 6” long and I have had him for about 2 weeks, he is in a tank with a betta, 2 cory cats, a pleco and a snail, I had a molly and some fry but got rid of them today since they produce so much waste. I just noticed something on its side, it looks like a white slime growth but is localized on two parts on one of his sides, this is new and I’m panicking if anyone knows if somethings wrong and how i could treat it I would really appreciate it. The stuff is on the left side of the picture near the top fin4B69BC14-6440-4C28-8966-A8C6C364B1DD.jpeg

E6D84949-9FA6-4364-9328-63592D08629C.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have recently purchased a fire eel, he is about 6” long and I have had him for about 2 weeks, he is in a tank with a betta, 2 cory cats, a pleco and a snail, I had a molly and some fry but got rid of them today since they produce so much waste. I just noticed something on its side, it looks like a white slime growth but is localized on two parts on one of his sides, this is new and I’m panicking if anyone knows if somethings wrong and how i could treat it I would really appreciate it. The stuff is on the left side of the picture near the top finView attachment 1426298

View attachment 1426297
Welcome aboard
Hard to see pics but could just be a scrape.

Reactions: kno4te

andre99881

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2020
It looks more like slime or something on it, I can now see it on more parts of its body..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store