moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
All payaras??
Can't say I've seen to much of it with tats but I haven't seen any crazy long time period for them. For armatus seems once they hit 2' it happens, and for scomb, well they usually go belly up after a year however there have been reports of longer kept specimens. This is general though and there are definitly exceptions.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Rhykiru

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2007
VA
Besides a few otocinclus, this is the only catfish I have.. picked it up the other day. It was hiding deep in an cave ornament and unlabeled, but a worker knew where it was and shook it out when I asked if they had any synodontis. Pic below is it in the LFS tank right after it was rudely ejected from the ornament. The worker said it's a decorus but I'm fairly sure it's a ocellifer..

JT90

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2018
This is the video of him eating i might have done it wron but I shot it on my iPhone on YouTube it's blurry but on my phone it looks clear don't know what went wrong bu go check it out

JT90

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2018
it reminds me of the burst of speed my butis butis have when hunting
I thought about getting one of those to go with my amazon leaf fish in that tank but if he stays at the bottom that would be an expensive dinner for my catfish they say he can eat anything his size

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I thought about getting one of those to go with my amazon leaf fish in that tank but if he stays at the bottom that would be an expensive dinner for my catfish they say he can eat anything his size
a butis butis is elogated. what you want to aim for is something taller than he is wide to avoid it being a possible meal length and girth want matter to much. the fish would have to be very girthy to avoid being eaten, and length will just take forever to digest most likely

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store