• Other (post who)

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
The only contenders I see are
wolf - dem chompers. If it can bite a man's leg off, it can bite a fish in half, and being a lurker, will not be a target for aggression.
ATF - speed.
'pima 1600 lb + armor.
I don't see any of the others with a chance.
Wolf fish aren't very fast and don't fight much,arapima don't turn well and would be outmanouvered and stressed to death, atf tend to run into walls and kill themselves when attacked

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

CristianV

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2018
wolf - dem chompers. If it can bite a man's leg off, it can bite a fish in half, and being a lurker, will not be a target for aggression.
ATF - speed.
'pima 1600 lb + armor.
I agree with you on the points you made. I’d also add the dorado to that list.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
ATF - speed.
'pima 1600 lb + armor.
Wolf fish aren't very fast and don't fight much,arapima don't turn well and would be outmanouvered and stressed to death, atf tend to run into walls and kill themselves when attacked

CristianV

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2018
ATF - speed.
'pima 1600 lb + armor.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
But they're only 18", and don't have big teeth.Bite size for an arapima (9ft), ATF(5ft) or Aimara(4ft). Now that I think about it, I'm not sure the hoplias aimara or goliath could be a threat to the arapima.
A lot depends on temperment. I remember an MFK thread that I can't find about a Buttikoferi pair that successfully defended and raised fry in an arapaima tank.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
But they're only 18", and don't have big teeth.Bite size for an arapima (9ft), ATF(5ft) or Aimara(4ft). Now that I think about it, I'm not sure the hoplias aimara or goliath could be a threat to the arapima.
A lot depends on temperment. I remember an MFK thread that I can't find about a Buttikoferi pair that successfully defended and raised fry in an arapaima tank.
They can get to about 5 foot and have supposedly killed people, don't know where your getting your dorado information from

CristianV

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2018
I’d feel the top fishes would be the Aimara, Goliath Tiger Fish, Arapima, Golden Dorado, and Alligator gar

The gar would remain because of its size and armor. I feel the arapima would play the same role as just not being offensive. On the other spectrum, while the Gatf has the equipment, I don’t think it has the attitude to back it up. The Dorado would fare better as it has the confidence and ability. Above all, I believe a aimara not only has the weaponary, but there isn’t a fish that has the attitude and fearlessness of an Aimara. The fish just simply won’t back down no matter what’s in front of it. And the teeth on it make it all the more effective. That’s my 2 cents on all of this.

blackwolf911

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
new york
I've owned all these fish except a Dorado.. you didnt add any knife fish at all.. knife fish are more bendable and can attack at odd angles.. I had a black wolf and a clown knife fighting in one tank and the wolf didnt want it..both 16 -18 inches.. I'd say if the fish were all the same size that either a aba aba..clown knife or an afer knife would be a tough fight

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I've owned all these fish except a Dorado.. you didnt add any knife fish at all.. knife fish are more bendable and can attack at odd angles.. I had a black wolf and a clown knife fighting in one tank and the wolf didnt want it..both 16 -18 inches.. I'd say if the fish were all the same size that either a aba aba..clown knife or an afer knife would be a tough fight
Why not just go electric eel and call it a day? (They are knifefish after all)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store