RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Mouth brooding females often go for 3-4 weeks without eating, so just chillax, and give this fish some time to acclimate to its new surroundings.

TerryLarry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2018
Big hump on head, long dorsal and anal fins, no black patch on dorsal fin
Perfect! Respect! Jus got him maybe a week ago don’t no much about em. I Got him an a red devil an was housing then in the same tank. My local fish store said they where fine together. But once I put them in the same tank ( With No knowledge of The Fish), The Red Devil an him where fine. They where swimming around with each other an almost look like they where breeding they where vibrating. An had there Back fins on one another. but They stopped An 2days pass. An I noticed they would be fine an right beside eachother an If one went to one side of the tank. The other would follow. Until they “ both” looked at one another In the face. The red devil just Would “Snap” An started to chase my Texas cichlid. An the cichlid didn’t really fight back. But the red devil would force the Texas cichlid to swim back then would charge my Texas Cichlid Then began to bit his lip. An Tryna to pull him backwards. But my Texas cichlid would just pull away an then they would go sit together in a corner they “both dug” I have since separated them! But now my red devil has lost his “red” color. The first night I removed the Texas cichlid.

TerryLarry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2018
Perfect! Respect! Jus got him maybe a week ago don’t no much about em. I Got him an a red devil an was housing then in the same tank. My local fish store said they where fine together. But once I put them in the same tank ( With No knowledge of The Fish), The Red Devil an him where fine. They where swimming around with each other an almost look like they where breeding they where vibrating. An had there Back fins on one another. but They stopped An 2days pass. An I noticed they would be fine an right beside eachother an If one went to one side of the tank. The other would follow. Until they “ both” looked at one another In the face. The red devil just Would “Snap” An started to chase my Texas cichlid. An the cichlid didn’t really fight back. But the red devil would force the Texas cichlid to swim back then would charge my Texas Cichlid Then began to bit his lip. An Tryna to pull him backwards. But my Texas cichlid would just pull away an then they would go sit together in a corner they “both dug” I have since separated them! But now my red devil has lost his “red” color. The first night I removed the Texas cichlid.
is there a chance they can be housed. An where a mates. Or is it best to just leave my little red devil by it’s self , Lool

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store