Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
View attachment 1344699 View attachment 1344700
Awesome and it just sinks right down? I saw some videos of people putting it in ice cube trays for perfect portions. My 190 is pretty big. The sunshine and 191 are as small as my bristlenoses.
it doesn't sink like a rock, but it does sink, I put it right on the sand where they like to hang out, but you can put it on decorations and other stuff too

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
My bristlenose pleco loves eating peas.
Do the peas sink? I imagine they’d float. I have a lot of flow, I can already see peas blowing around all over the tank lol.

it doesn't sink like a rock, but it does sink, I put it right on the sand where they like to hang out, but you can put it on decorations and other stuff too
Oh that’s cool can’t wait to try that.

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
Do the peas sink? I imagine they’d float. I have a lot of flow, I can already see peas blowing around all over the tank lol.

Oh that’s cool can’t wait to try that.
They float for like 10-15 seconds then go right to the bottom to get gobbled up :)

Reactions: Matteus and Rob909

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
I feed veggies always in the same location. So now when my hand goes in the tank my biggest L191 goes and waits patiently in that spot.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
My plecos wont touch cucumber but zuchini is so far a big hit. There are some picky plecos who wait until all the peel is eaten off of it and there are some (mainly my l27) who only want to eat the peel. Most of my plecos diet is african cichlid pellets. I buy them in bulk from YourFishStuff and the plecos love it. The only issue is the open water fish love it too!

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
My plecos wont touch cucumber but zuchini is so far a big hit. There are some picky plecos who wait until all the peel is eaten off of it and there are some (mainly my l27) who only want to eat the peel. Most of my plecos diet is african cichlid pellets. I buy them in bulk from YourFishStuff and the plecos love it. The only issue is the open water fish love it too!
My L14 only likes the peel as well.

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
I think I have some peas in my freezer. I’ll try those!

Yeah my sunshine loves Hikari food sticks and massivore delite. It waits until the pellets have sunken though.

Reactions: Iamfish

DHarris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2015
Los Angeles
I've got a big mix of herbivores, omnivores and carnivores. I usually feed Hikari algae wafers and massivore pellets.

Usually once a week I'll make them some kabobs to mix things up.

For the carnivores I do shrimp and fish fillet. They're usually the only ones to go for that but occasionally my Royals will eat some shrimp. Fortunately I've never had an issue.

When feeding veggies I get the best response from watermelon (they'll eat the rind too), sweet potato, red/green/orange peppers and various squash.

They all LOVE seedless cucumber or zucchini - that's the favorite.
IMG_7571 2.jpeg

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
I've got a big mix of herbivores, omnivores and carnivores. I usually feed Hikari algae wafers and massivore pellets.

Usually once a week I'll make them some kabobs to mix things up.

For the carnivores I do shrimp and fish fillet. They're usually the only ones to go for that but occasionally my Royals will eat some shrimp. Fortunately I've never had an issue.

When feeding veggies I get the best response from watermelon (they'll eat the rind too), sweet potato, red/green/orange peppers and various squash.

They all LOVE seedless cucumber or zucchini - that's the favorite.
View attachment 1345135
Awesome, great recommendations and I’m super jealous of your blue eye Pleco! Looks awesome!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store