96 x 30 x 24 Tank and Arowana Species

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I was just wondering what species of Arowana can fit in a 96 x 30 x 24 tank for life without needing a bigger tank. I'm thinking for sure the Jardini would be fine but are there others? African? Leichardti? Would Asians have the potential to get too big? I know Arowana's in general have a better turning radius than other fish so I'm assuming there are others that would fit in a tank of this size fine. But correct me if I'm wrong. And I know that Silvers and Blacks are out and would need 36".

Last edited:

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Search the forums for generic questions such as this. But to answer your question, you could keep almost any arowana in that for a good amount of time, if not their whole life. 36" width would be better but Id say an african or silver would be happy in there for their whole lives provided you leave the top section of tank free of decor to get in the way

Reactions: Waaaa

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Your question has already been posted, and it has already been answered multiple times. This is considered spam now.
Still keeping that attitude up aren't we? People have already told you, if you don't like it then go away. If you feel I am breaking rules then report me. Your constant comments are not needed. I've reported myself anyway to see if it breaks rules. If it does then I am in the wrong and accept responsibility.

Last edited:

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Search the forums for generic questions such as this. But to answer your question, you could keep almost any arowana in that for a good amount of time, if not their whole life. 36" width would be better but Id say an african or silver would be happy in there for their whole lives provided you leave the top section of tank free of decor to get in the way
Yeah sorry about that. I've reported the post and we'll see if it breaks any rules. Don't want to annoy anyone or anything. Just looking for answers is all. And okay. I had thought that Silvers get to 36", so 30" would be too small for them. But I guess the turning radius and the bending ability of the Silvers could come into play too. Just wanted to make sure.

Last edited:

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Yeah sorry about that. I've reported the post and we'll see if it breaks any rules. Don't want to annoy anyone or anything. Just looking for answers is all. And okay. I had thought that Silvers get to 36", so 30" would be too small for them. But I guess the turning radius and the bending ability of the Silvers could come into play too. Just wanted to make sure.
Well happy to let you know you annoy me! You can answer your own question! Maybe try that and save the forum some bandwidth and data.

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Well happy to let you know you annoy me! You can answer your own question! Maybe try that and save the forum some bandwidth and data.
Don't you have anything better to do then constantly post on my threads? You're adding no useful information and at this point it looks like your just wanting to start a fight. If you have some personal problems going on then I understand but don't bring that drama to me. You're going to get yourself banned. What you are doing is discouraging future posters from asking questions. If I'm breaking rules then I will stop. I'm just very exited to be starting into this hobby and wanting to learn. I had posted this last night before the response from thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter and will try harder to not make so many threads. But really man you're just coming across so blatantly rude and it's getting old very quickly. PM me sometime if you want to speak and I will gladly have a conversation with you.

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
They can get to 36" and you may need a bigger tank after a while but up until around 28" im sure youd be fine. Mainly because, like you said, yes they have an exceptional turning radius.

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
They can get to 36" and you may need a bigger tank after a while but up until around 28" im sure youd be fine. Mainly because, like you said, yes they have an exceptional turning radius.
That's great news too because I really love the look of Silvers and Blacks. Love those long fins on the bottom of their bellies. Not sure what they're called.

And are Arowanas like Piraya in that most get to a certain size like 14" and if you're lucky you can get one that gets bigger to maybe 18" or so? (I mean 14" and 18" for Piraya not Arowana) Or is it more common to reach those bigger sizes?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store