Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
I try to use blue for all but the gold bases. Black seems to make the gold pop more, and the blue works better for the more colorful ones. My opinion anyway. Careful of sharp edges on the rocks also. Sometimes they get spooked even if they have awesome personalities.

Reactions: JSpilo and Ruturaj

JSpilo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2016
Maryland
I try to use blue for all but the gold bases. Black seems to make the gold pop more, and the blue works better for the more colorful ones. My opinion anyway. Careful of sharp edges on the rocks also. Sometimes they get spooked even if they have awesome personalities.
Agreed. Can easily get startled and scrape up against the display.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Agreed. Can easily get startled and scrape up against the display.

Mine sometimes get startled and bumps on the glass so hard, I hear it clearly from 12 feets away. Anything sharp will definitely damage him.

On water kok, skin is not attached to the scales, so kok can be easily injured.

ol78hunter

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
South Dakota
Most of the rocks are actually dull and round edged. I put sharper points down. I made sure to get dull rocks. I will keep an eye on that though. Thanks!

Reactions: Ozzie73

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
I have a black background on mine. Kind of washes his colors out but I know they are there. Keep pumping him up.

I might get a classic zz just because they are so much fun

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store