Give me some ideas for this tank!! Picture included!!

Jacob6556

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2020
image.jpgSo that’s my tank!! I’m lookimf for some great stocking ideas!! I would lik to have larger fish that max out the size limit and then some medium size fish and then maybe a small school of smaller fish! But I’m looking for your best idea on what you think would be the best fit and coolest idea for my 60 gallon tank! I have two rock caves and one pot and two pieces of driftwood and a power head along with filter for a 125 gallon tank. Let me know your ideas and go crazy!!

Thanks

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
If that was mine I would go with:

6f/1m Swordtails
1 pair m/f something from the Amatitlania family (Convict, HRP's, Nanolutea)
3 Hopolo cats

Get 6 cichlids and let them pair up. Keep your favorite pair and rehome the rest.

The Swords will breed, Cons and cats will consume the fry. Cons will breed, Swordtails and cats will eat the fry.
Everyone is happy and breeding and generally leaving each other alone.

I had a 55gal set up this way about a year thru 12 spawns with only 3 cichlids fry making it to adults.

Reactions: Eclipse390

Jacob6556

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2020
Con, Salvini, Firemouth and a couple Jack Dempseys. Just riffing but they would be a cool mini monster tank.
This tank idea sounds awesome!! So if I tried to do one jack, 2 cons and 2 firemouth, would that work?

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
This tank idea sounds awesome!! So if I tried to do one jack, 2 cons and 2 firemouth, would that work?
Firemouth prefer a group much like tetras. If you choose them get 5 or so.

A 60gal ain't much room when considering cichlids, especially when maturity hits and they start to stake claims on territory.

I wouldn't try to mix different species in such a small environment.

Jacob6556

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2020
Firemouth prefer a group much like tetras. If you choose them get 5 or so.

A 60gal ain't much room when considering cichlids, especially when maturity hits and they start to stake claims on territory.

I wouldn't try to mix different species in such a small environment.
Think I could do a one jack, one con, one firemouth? Any maybe one of another type or just those 3?

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Mini ancient predator tank: 2 delhezi 2 Senegal, 3 butterfly fish, 2-3 gouramis

Reactions: Jacob6556
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store