Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
Silurichthys hasseltii update, had it for about 18 months now and is still growing a bit, comes out everyday for food and will even just cruise around the tank sometimes.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
Yup. I can't imagine how cool a group would look, that is if they tolerate each other.
I have been looking for some new fish for that tank, so maybe if I can find them in stock anywhere again I will try this.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
Not a fan of bare bottom tanks but each to our own and your fish still look great.
I agree, but I just didn't really like the look of the sand that I had. Decided to just go bare bottom for a bit until I decide on a new substrate.

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
I have had the Synodontis granulosus for about 28 months now, it has grown only ~1.5 inches and is by far the smallest fish in the 125. That being said it is still the complete boss of the tank and pushes around everyone else, even the Raiamas guttatus. He doesn't attack any of the fish just pushes them out of his way if he wants a hiding spot or wants the food first. The Raiamas will snap at fish if they are in his way of food but whenever he does this to the Syno the Syno will chase him away, it is quite amusing to watch. The video quality isn't great but it is the best I could do without turning the lights on

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
I will be getting a new fish for the first time in almost a year! Very exited about this one, it is a catfish that I had for only a few weeks before accidently killing it during a water change and after almost 2 years I was able to find one again. It is supposed to arrive June 8th.
Also I have been trying to decide what substrate I want to use for the 125, I would really like some sort of gravel that wont cut or be rough on all my catfish. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have had the Synodontis granulosus for about 28 months now, it has grown only ~1.5 inches and is by far the smallest fish in the 125. That being said it is still the complete boss of the tank and pushes around everyone else, even the Raiamas guttatus. He doesn't attack any of the fish just pushes them out of his way if he wants a hiding spot or wants the food first. The Raiamas will snap at fish if they are in his way of food but whenever he does this to the Syno the Syno will chase him away, it is quite amusing to watch. The video quality isn't great but it is the best I could do without turning the lights on
What's the deal with the Synodontis granulosus? I have been seeing them available from different sources and they are nice enough looking but so doggone expensive!

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
What's the deal with the Synodontis granulosus? I have been seeing them available from different sources and they are nice enough looking but so doggone expensive!
More so than usual? Genuine granulosus always have been expensive, e.g. $300.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store