krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
More so than usual? Genuine granulosus always have been expensive, e.g. $300.
I don't know about usual but I've never seen them offered in the shops around here until recently......and I guess they are relatuvely cheap compared to what you say as they are priced between one and two hundred dollars......aside from all of that,I was simply wondering why they demand such prices?

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I don't know about usual but I've never seen them offered in the shops around here until recently......and I guess they are relatuvely cheap compared to what you say as they are priced between one and two hundred dollars......aside from all of that,I was simply wondering why they demand such prices?
I'd be very skeptical and wary. Too many known and reported knock-offs (hybrids) and some look awfully close but experts will tell right away. The hybridizers work specifically to produce the same looks as the genuine high ticket species, one of the targets is most definitely the granulosus.

When demand greatly exceeds the offer, the price goes up. Same with the granny. They have always been rarely offered but always wanted.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
When demand greatly exceeds the offer, the price goes up. Same with the granny. They have always been rarely offered but always wanted.
That's fine,as nice looking as the granny is it is not in my immediate crosshairs,it just happens to be the most expensive Synodontis that I can recall seeing...when I first saw one in a shop a few months ago I was blown away by the price as I am used to seeing Synos priced relatively cheap.
There is a Synodontis species that I have been trying to track down.I have never seen it offered for sale before and it may turn out to be just as costly as a granny lol.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
That's fine,as nice looking as the granny is it is not in my immediate crosshairs,it just happens to be the most expensive Synodontis that I can recall seeing...when I first saw one in a shop a few months ago I was blown away by the price as I am used to seeing Synos priced relatively cheap.
There is a Synodontis species that I have been trying to track down.I have never seen it offered for sale before and it may turn out to be just as costly as a granny lol.
Hit up Mike at Aqua Imports, he got me my Wallace’s shoehead catfish so he might be able to get your your synodontis. Tell him Brian, the guy that’s bought all the Wallace’s shoehead catfish from him, sent ya lol.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hit up Mike at Aqua Imports, he got me my Wallace’s shoehead catfish so he might be able to get your your synodontis. Tell him Brian, the guy that’s bought all the Wallace’s shoehead catfish from him, sent ya lol.
I've bugged him already lol.So far he has been able to bring in one of two cats that I asked him about.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
they were sold out at wetspot already, but aqua imports still had some
Mike does it again :popcorn:

I've bugged him already lol.So far he has been able to bring in one of two cats that I asked him about.
Keep on at it, eventually they’ll turn up on a list. What’s the scientific name?

Reactions: Iamfish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store