330 gallon setup and sump build

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
View attachment 1255819

That's what you had. Looks like an female adapter, pvc, adapter, check?

But yea I'm doing the same thing. I'm going to try running hoses though to make it easier to disassemble in the future to move so I'll try and come up with a picture of what I'm thinking tomorrow. Basically going to be a hose from the siphon bulkhead to the ball valves then all pvc like you have. Edrain is all pvc. And then I'll have hose from the swing check to the 90 elbow back into the tank. Figured I'd test it out. In the future when I know I'm done moving I'm going to do everything in solid pipe.

But how do you like your returns? I'm debating the rotating eductor to try and get flow throughout while not being so intrusive in the tank since I want to minimize its presence?
Yup dont stress this stuff. Bring the pump with you to Hd and start messing arpund with the adapters adter a few minutes you'll go ahhhhh.

You coukd also go hard pvc now and strategically place the unions. When you move it'll be a sinch to dico and reco did it twice already and all i can say is union re my favirote pvc fitting !

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Yup dont stress this stuff. Bring the pump with you to Hd and start messing arpund with the adapters adter a few minutes you'll go ahhhhh.

You coukd also go hard pvc now and strategically place the unions. When you move it'll be a sinch to dico and reco did it twice already and all i can say is union re my favirote pvc fitting !
I was planning on bringing it to HD and just messing around lol. And you love those unions! Just tell your wife thats what you want for christmas LOL

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I was planning on bringing it to HD and just messing around lol. And you love those unions! Just tell your wife thats what you want for christmas LOL
Hhhaaha i would put them every 6 inchea if possible lol

Reactions: jvc66

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
So I managed to score this on Craigslist 100 gallon SeaClear acrylic tank for a sump people selling it were moving and put it up for $100 to get it out. Snagged it as soon as they posted the ad. I got lucky since 15 other people contacted them for it right after me. Waiting for the rest of my stuff to get here now to get moving IMG_3013.JPG IMG_3014.JPG

Reactions: jaws7777

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
So I managed to score this on Craigslist 100 gallon SeaClear acrylic tank for a sump people selling it were moving and put it up for $100 to get it out. Snagged it as soon as they posted the ad. I got lucky since 15 other people contacted them for it right after me. Waiting for the rest of my stuff to get here now to get moving View attachment 1256204 View attachment 1256205
That looks like a great pick up. It should work out very well for your sump.

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
That looks like a great pick up. It should work out very well for your sump.
Thanks might have to tweak some things on it depending how I lay it out with the filtration. It's in great shape. Bottom looks nasty but it's just the film they never took off when they bought it. Tried peeling some of it off but it's pretty dried up and not worth the time and effort

Thomas18

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2017
Australia
That was a steal, i bet everyone that contacted after you was pleading with them haha. have you figured out how you are going to design the compartments? And anyidea how you are going to put the pannels in when you only have those portholes?

Thomas

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
That was a steal, i bet everyone that contacted after you was pleading with them haha. have you figured out how you are going to design the compartments? And anyidea how you are going to put the pannels in when you only have those portholes?

Thomas
Hi Thomas, It really was. They said they got the email 5 minutes after they posted it lol. Glad I got lucky! But there will be no baffles in the sump at all. Just going to be one body of water. It will drain through 4 filter socks then into the tank. In the tank will be bio media in mesh bags that are in front of the intake of the pumps so that the water is pulled through the media and then pumped back in to the tank. Here is a picture of what I am talking about if it makes more sense.

P1030902.JPG

Reactions: Thomas18
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store