55 Gallon stocking

GabeFred

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2018
I am stocking my 55 gallon finally after letting it cycle for a few months, I want a few angelfish and a larger school (8-10) of Serpae Tetras. I want 1-2 other fish that are big for a center piece, I’ve been told kissing gouramis wouldnt work. Does anyone know of a larger fish I could keep with this group?

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
I have a honey gourami and electric blue acara with 4 angels and school of red eye tetras in a 55. It's been working for awhile, I might eventually have to move someone though.

Reactions: tlindsey

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
The tetra and angels are both South american, personally I would stick to something from around that region. There is alot of small to mid sized cichlids or just get more angels, corydoras, smaller plecos for the bottom.

GabeFred

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2018
The tetra and angels are both South american, personally I would stick to something from around that region. There is alot of small to mid sized cichlids or just get more angels, corydoras, smaller plecos for the bottom.
Yeah I may just get more angels thanks for the idea!!

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
A large group of corys would be cool. I have 10 in my 75 and will probably get more while my frontosa are growing out. They school together a lot and are almost constantly moving. Even the different types school together. They don’t seem to care if someone looks different.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Tank is not all that big, to add "big fish" like the kissing gouramis. 55g is 12" wide, can't really keep any fish over 8" in there for life. I would go for more angels, like Dan's suggestion. Or, if you wanted to switch it up, maybe festivum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store