720 plywood aquarium build

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Here's a update on this tank. Tank has been going strong since my last update. My snow gar ended up getting spooked and unfortunately broke it's back. It also ended up killing my female BD ray, so I moved it to a separate 180 gallon for now. Still don't know what I'm gonna do with it.

I also lost one of the Oscars randomly. The current stock include 3 large kelberi, 6 smaller kelberi (will likely move some after they grow out), 1 large Azul, Oscar, male BD ray, two Indo datnoid. Just purchased a flagtail which is quarantine right now.

I'm looking to maybe add another BD ray and asian arowana after thinning out some of the kelberi stock.

Tank maintenance is not too difficult. I do a 24/7 drip system so new water is always being added and then a bigger water change every 2-3 weeks. I clean the glass with a long handled microfiber mop during these larger water changes.

Almost all are eating Hikari massivore except the largest kelberi and one datnoid. This is the most frustrating part. Have considered separating the datnoid to aggressively pellet train but I don't want to set up another tank right now.

View attachment 1468775View attachment 1468776View attachment 1468777

Wonderful tank!!

Reactions: vincel892

vincel892

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019
If you don’t mind me asking. How much did it cost to get it together counting the lights? And where did you get the lights?
I honestly don't remember anymore and I stopped counting halfway through the build. The little thingsike hardware, epoxy, glue etc do add up. I would say 2-3 k for the tank itself ( probably more now due to the increase in lumber prices). The light I built from scratch and costed me around 1k. I had really specific instructions given to me by someone on another aquarium forum.

Preacher

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
west tennessee
I honestly don't remember anymore and I stopped counting halfway through the build. The little thingsike hardware, epoxy, glue etc do add up. I would say 2-3 k for the tank itself ( probably more now due to the increase in lumber prices). The light I built from scratch and costed me around 1k. I had really specific instructions given to me by someone on another aquarium forum.
Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store