An Incredible Video Of My Rosetail Betta Feeding On Mosquito Larvae

The Dave

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2016
U.S.A
www.youtube.com
Has anyone here ever fed their mosquito larvae to their Betta ? They love it, and it's fun to watch them chasing the larvae all around the tank. I put out several containers of water in a shady area near my home every year to allow mosquitos to lay their eggs in the water. I check it everyday, so no adult mosquitoes ever hatch !!! Every year I am provided with highly nutritious live food that costs me nothing but a little time.

You should give it a try. Make sure to feed only a few larvae at a time, so that they all get eaten. Your fish will then be able to do what comes naturally to them. They will be happier, healthier, and more likely to breed. After all, fish get bored with flake food, just as you would if you ate nothing but potatoes everyday. The following high definition video will show you just how fun this can be. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/hU1GezJo79M

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I like the vids man very nice, keep it up.
+1 sub
I have done this for the past few years myself. Easy and the fish love it.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I've done this for years,a awesome way for me to get cheap and entertaining foodstuffs,if u add a water lily or some water arum to a kiddy pool with some water and hornwort,u can also collect mayfly and damselfly larvae,perfect for fish like electric blue jack Dempsey,pikecichlids and arowana.

The Dave

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2016
U.S.A
www.youtube.com
I've done this for years,a awesome way for me to get cheap and entertaining foodstuffs,if u add a water lily or some water arum to a kiddy pool with some water and hornwort,u can also collect mayfly and damselfly larvae,perfect for fish like electric blue jack Dempsey,pikecichlids and arowana.
I do something similar, but if you keep small fish. They will be in danger of being eaten by the very predatory larvae of dragon and damsel flies. My ebjd has no problem with them though !

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store