Angelfish Breeding

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I caught one of my Angelfish laying eggs today. This wasn't her first time, but it was here first time not eating them. About a minute later I see my Leopard Angel come to fertilize them (I'm going out on a limb and guessing this one is a male), and surprisingly, he didn't eat the eggs either. If the fry survive for at least a day, what should I feed them?

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Artemia is a good food to feed them starting out. Along with some very fine pulverized flake food.

lizardboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2015
I've used the NLS before, that also works. I usually put a little java moss in my fry tanks, not necessarily for them to hide in but because there's microorganisms that live in it that they can munch on.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
That works out well. I have some java moss putting out lots of new growth in my betta tank. I ended ordering some Hikari first bites for the fry, since I wouldn't have time to go get some during the week.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I caught one of my Angelfish laying eggs today. This wasn't her first time, but it was here first time not eating them. About a minute later I see my Leopard Angel come to fertilize them (I'm going out on a limb and guessing this one is a male), and surprisingly, he didn't eat the eggs either. If the fry survive for at least a day, what should I feed them?
Congrats on the spawn!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store