Arapaima Eye Wound

ifarhanhaq

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2019
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Help, arapaima's one eye injured he is currently 2.5ft in length. I have no idea how this happened. Have few driftwoods in there. He is in a 1000 gallons pond for now.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Wow it looks like it banged into something. It looks something like dropeye. You can try pushing The Eye back, Try using clove oil or smthg first. Medicine won’t help it seems.

ifarhanhaq

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2019
Wow it looks like it banged into something. It looks something like dropeye. You can try pushing The Eye back, Try using clove oil or smthg first. Medicine won’t help it seems.
I tries that but didnt work. And we dont have access to clove oil here in Sri Lanka.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
If I’m not wrong Gpdriftwood Gpdriftwood has an arapaima. Maybe he can help. tlindsey tlindsey kno4te kno4te Deadeye Deadeye may also know. The only way imo is to push it back.

Reactions: Gpdriftwood

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My first time seeing something like that on a Arapaima. I agree with Caveden Caveden possibly banged into something don't think anything but maybe surgery might correct that.

Reactions: Deadeye and kno4te

ifarhanhaq

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2019
If I’m not wrong Gpdriftwood Gpdriftwood has an arapaima. Maybe he can help. tlindsey tlindsey kno4te kno4te Deadeye Deadeye may also know. The only way imo is to push it back.
Ill try talking to them, thank you.

ifarhanhaq

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2019
My first time seeing something like that on a Arapaima. I agree with Caveden Caveden possibly banged into something don't think anything but maybe surgery might correct that.
Im still speaking to a surgeon here, but still did not get any proper answer from them.

ifarhanhaq

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2019
Looks injured. Make sure it eats and watch.
He is eating fine and body language is normal. Eye shape looks normal but a piece of skin connected to the internal skin of the paima looks injures. I have no idea what to do. ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store