Delhezi Thickness?

Supalah17

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Buffalo, New York
So I can find plenty of sources on how big a Delhezi Bichir will grown LONG. But I’m trying to build hides into their final tank that will be less than adjustable/moveable.
I know these boys can hit around 14-18” long, I’m curious as to what diameter of PVC pipe won’t squish them in their adult size. Wide enough to be comfy, without being massively oversized.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So I can find plenty of sources on how big a Delhezi Bichir will grown LONG. But I’m trying to build hides into their final tank that will be less than adjustable/moveable.
I know these boys can hit around 14-18” long, I’m curious as to what diameter of PVC pipe won’t squish them in their adult size. Wide enough to be comfy, without being massively oversized.

4 inch pvc should work.

SwampFins

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2018
Dels can get pretty thick. One of mine is a fatty. This is Blue, she's about 11" and honestly I dunno if she would fit into a 2" tube, I'm leaning towards not :D

You'll have to excuse the dirty tank. I've been so busy I have only been able to keep up with wc's but not glass/algae cleaning lately.

Holy!

How old is he? What do you feed?

I recently got one but mine looks like a noodle lol

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
I'm not 100% sure of her age but I believe she's only no more than a couple years old most likely. I feed NLS sinking pellets with shrimp wafers daily, then once per week they get some frozen krill that I thaw out and give them as a treat.

Supalah17

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Buffalo, New York
I did that based on the thickness of my Del she is thick wider than 2" You could do the 2" and upgrade if necessary.
Well the scape I’m building is going to make it hard to upgrade them, so I guess I’ll just try out 3” PVC! Absolute worst case, I could go ahead and spend a whole day deconstructing the mountain they’ll be built into to make them 4”, but hopefully 3” should work!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store