endli is sick :(

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Nope, i dont see it, wont you just post picture here and explane what happen, ill tag the pips here.

J jaws7777 Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 Dr.B Dr.B tlindsey tlindsey kno4te kno4te

This people can help you, just make sure to put everything in details

Different kind a Tag. Here's a screenshot of the post in the Lounge

Example : @Enter.MFK.Screen.Name.Here
R RicardoLopez567

Screenshot_20180717-181532.png

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
R RicardoLopez567 u should create a thread in here at the Polypterus subforum. The Poly-Team will gladly assist. :---)

Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

RicardoLopez567

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2018
Nope, i dont see it, wont you just post picture here and explane what happen, ill tag the pips here.

J jaws7777 Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 Dr.B Dr.B tlindsey tlindsey kno4te kno4te

This people can help you, just make sure to put everything in details
About 9 or 10 days ago i started noticing what i thought was a food belly on my endli. No big deal, i just ignored it. Hes had them before from big meals and it always goes back down to normal in a day or 2. On the 5th day i went to the LFS and asked about it. I showed him a pic and he said maybe he was just impacted and needed to take a dump. He suggested i add 3 cups of epsom salt to my 75 gallon tank to give him a little laxitive and help him go. This is day 4 of having the epsom salt in the tank and the bump still has yet to move or shrink in size. It's not big, but it makes me wonder why isn't it going down? I have a senegal bichir as well and he is fine. They both have good activity levels but i have noticedy endli has be very fatigued lately. The past 4 or 5 days he has been hanging around the bottom more often. He does come up for gulps of air, hangs out at the top for a bit (right side up, never belly up or side up), and the lets himself float down to the bottom slowly. He will swim around on occasion and interact with the senegal, but not as often as he used to. I haven't noticed any bullying or lifted scales, but he has had a decrease in appetite. He doesn't hunt fish anymore, and the massivore tablets i serve he is biting half of a tablet when he used to eat 2 whole. I am going to buy him a floating log to hang out closer to the surface, so he wont have to swim so high up to get a gulp of air. I haven't noticed any worms, and he hasn't had a stool sample for me to look at that i know of. In my thread a guy said he just looks like he ate a buffet meal and is probably stuffed, or maybe ate a little sand and is impacted. But wouldn't the epsom salt fix that, or did i not add enough? I wasn't sure if the filter would remove the epsom salt so i took the pads out when i added salt just in case. Maybe its nothing and I'm being over protective, but hes never had a belly this long. I will say i have made the mistake of serving goldfish and minnows. After joining this site i found out that is bad. I read articles and realized I'm a bad fish dad haha, but I've corrected it and took the gold fish out.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

RicardoLopez567

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2018
Just don't feed for a couple of days. Don't worry Endli will be fine at that size.
Also read up on what members feed their Polys. Personally I feed every other day either Pellets or Tilapia.
I've looked up and read several threads on recommended food for bichirs, and 9 out of 10 say pellets are best. I can't argue when they say pellets have the complete nutrition that you just cant get from feeders alone. I still want to do feeders on occasion, maybe once a week or once bi weekly. I know my bichirs go crazy and get excited when they have food to hunt. They'll eat pellets, but it's like feeding broccoli to kids. They don't like it, and you can tell, but they'll eat it if their hungry enough. As far as a schedule i do need to do some kind of schedule. I always had food available for them since they were an inch and a half and 2 inches long. I just never switched it. I'll have to look into tilapia. Been seeing lots of other keepers mention it in their bichirs diet, but i haven't bothered to look into the nutrition facts for the bichir. It does interest me, but I'd like to read a little on it. My main thing is i want them to have a variety of food to keep them as happy and healthy as possible, because when my fish are happy then so am I. Thanks for all the help

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I've looked up and read several threads on recommended food for bichirs, and 9 out of 10 say pellets are best. I can't argue when they say pellets have the complete nutrition that you just cant get from feeders alone. I still want to do feeders on occasion, maybe once a week or once bi weekly. I know my bichirs go crazy and get excited when they have food to hunt. They'll eat pellets, but it's like feeding broccoli to kids. They don't like it, and you can tell, but they'll eat it if their hungry enough. As far as a schedule i do need to do some kind of schedule. I always had food available for them since they were an inch and a half and 2 inches long. I just never switched it. I'll have to look into tilapia. Been seeing lots of other keepers mention it in their bichirs diet, but i haven't bothered to look into the nutrition facts for the bichir. It does interest me, but I'd like to read a little on it. My main thing is i want them to have a variety of food to keep them as happy and healthy as possible, because when my fish are happy then so am I. Thanks for all the help

Just quarantine your feeders prior and add earthworms for live treat's.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store