Dec 20, 2010
United States
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hey guys,

it’s been a while since I’ve posted on here but I can’t find anything online to help diagnose this issue. My venustus has had this for a few weeks now and it’s gotten bigger. Not sure what it is, and was hoping someone on here can help me determine what it is, and how to cure it. Also, on that note, I have some clown loaches in the tank so please keep that in mind if recommending meds! The nitrates are high in the tank, and I’ve been doing 40% water changes every other day but it hasn’t helped much. Any suggestions for that would be great too!

Thanks!

7E1BED30-F706-4C71-9F82-6613D96E86FD.jpeg

EB61B052-AA57-464D-BD2C-0297253DA17E.png

560EAE56-95BC-4CCE-94D3-F21A376F7041.png

C90BB029-531E-4A64-B1CF-C32262EE6CAC.png

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Looks like an anal prolapse. If it is, add about 1 teaspoon of epsom salt per 5 gallons, and maintain it that way for a couple of weeks or until it goes back on its own. Don't feed for at least 1 week, maybe even 2 weeks. Epsom salt is fine for any fish and plants during this time.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I looks to be actually on the fin and not the anus itself.

I can tell you how I dealt with a similar problem on an Acara.(I’m not advising you do it unless you’re certain it only affects the fin and you feel comfortable doing so)
The growth was on the fin and not attached to the body of the fish.
I removed it by cutting that section of fin off with scissors and treated the wound with some Methylene Blue on a cotton swab.
It eventually healed, the fin didn’t grow back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store