help problems with my bichirs

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I'm guessing traped air. I would treat with Epsom salt. kno4te kno4te 1 tbls per 5 gal ?

Also 22c ? If so thats probably a little too cool for comfort

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I'm guessing traped air. I would treat with Epsom salt. kno4te kno4te 1 tbls per 5 gal ?

Also 22c ? If so thats probably a little too cool for comfort
1tbsp per 5g

Reactions: clm08k

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
OKay so the temperature in the aquarium has raised to 24 and he looks a lot better. He finally swims and breaths normal again :D

I did a waterchange the day before yesterday. I probably trow in a little to cold water. Stupid.. luckily everything looks alright now

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
I'd say most people keep theirs Polys at 78 to 82f
I kind of have problems with my temperature. My catfish have demolished my big heater. So now I have 2 smaller ones hanging on the left side. The left side on the tank because of that is around 25/26 and if u go to the right side it drops to 23/24. My polypterus are mostly on the left side chilling in the plants or laying half on land / half in the water on the background decor.

Do u think It is better to put on heater on the left on the right side?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I kind of have problems with my temperature. My catfish have demolished my big heater. So now I have 2 smaller ones hanging on the left side. The left side on the tank because of that is around 25/26 and if u go to the right side it drops to 23/24. My polypterus are mostly on the left side chilling in the plants or laying half on land / half in the water on the background decor.

Water circulation is all you need, move the water in the tank it should equalize. The heaters could be to small to keep it at a good temp then you'd need to get bigger.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
OKay so the temperature in the aquarium has raised to 24 and he looks a lot better. He finally swims and breaths normal again :D

I did a waterchange the day before yesterday. I probably trow in a little to cold water. Stupid.. luckily everything looks alright now
Glad to hear that.

Reactions: neko1

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States

I use 2 smaller heaters one on each side

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store