help problems with my bichirs

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
How big is the tank? Buy a aqueon heater 300w in amazon, its under $25 also buy a heater guard to protect the glass heater from breaking so the catfish cant break it.
The tank is 2meterX60cmX40cm. I got a 300w and a 200w in it. The catfish broke my 500watt heater so thats why I got 2 heaters in there for now:confused:.

I was thinking about putting them on different sides of the tank. But I thought in the nature its warmer on the banks of the river then in the deeper parts. So I put them both on the left side knowing that it will be a little cooler on the other side. But thats no good I take?

Reactions: Polyaddict86

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
everything looks alright, no problems with breathing. he is laying normally and even swimming normally again.:) such a relieve would be sad if I lost him after 3 years
I will not feed him in the next 5 days to make sure everything goes alright.

unnamed-1.jpg unnamed.jpg

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
everything looks alright, no problems with breathing. he is laying normally and even swimming normally again.:) such a relieve would be sad if I lost him after 3 years
I will not feed him in the next 5 days to make sure everything goes alright.

View attachment 1310908 View attachment 1310909
Excellent! That's a nice looking Senegalus, I'm curious about how big he is?

Reactions: neko1

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
:)

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Glad to hear that, also just want to add, when doing water change make sure that the temp Of the water that you put back in the tank is the same temp or close to the same temp so they dont get shock with temp drop, i lost a few poly with huge temp drop cause of water change.

Reactions: clm08k and jaws7777

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Glad to hear that, also just want to add, when doing water change make sure that the temp Of the water that you put back in the tank is the same temp or close to the same temp so they dont get shock with temp drop, i lost a few poly with huge temp drop cause of water change.
that sucks man...

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
that sucks man...
It is, i loss maybe two ornate and one sen before i figured it was the sudden temperature drop was the cause, i thought it was worm or parasite and i bought med but it wasnt, i even did a 90% water change and ill put cold water that came from the garden hose but that was the actually cause of them acting like that. The poly will toast around and cant control itself, bang its head and body in the glass and decor, it even tried to jump out and hit the glass lid then it will stop and sink in the bottom belly up like its dead, couple more days and it will die.

Reactions: neko1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store