HELP!! URGENT!!

Scoobs55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
Hello,
I recently got a green phantom to get pleco and put him in my tank with a 5" kelberi peacock bass, the pleco is just about the same size. I know long term this won't work and it's only for a little while. Anyways the kelberi keeps swimming towards the pleco whenever he's out of hiding or moving and the pbass kind of gulps/bites near him about an inch away. He hasn't actually bite the plec yet but I'm worried. Is he just mistaking him for food and backing off or is it gonna end badly. Once again I know the pbass will outgrow the pleco very quickly but it's only short term. Thanks so muchimage.jpeg image.jpg

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
So uhh, what are you asking?

Reactions: Owens

Dee eng

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2015
Cambodia
They will be fine...I have 6 pbass around 5-6" with my 1 pleco about 5" they chase him around but that's all.. I think he/she just want to play...prob need some buddies!

Scoobs55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
I was asking if the pleco would be fine.

Thanks man I was a little scared that the pbass would eventually hurt him instead of chasing him but I guess I can sleep easy tonight!

Scoobs55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
I was asking if the pleco would be fine.

Thanks man I was a little scared that the pbass would eventually hurt him instead of chasing him but I guess I can sleep easy tonight!

Yeah the pbass goes towards him and kind of bites near him... :/

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
As long as any spike-finned fish remain too big to swallow throughout both species lives, it should work. We just had someone here with a Peacock that had a catfish stuck in it's throat.....

Dee eng

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2015
Cambodia
I remember that tread....lol! That bass was much bigger than that catfish and it was inevitable. Kid didn't know what's up, he threw it in there for his bass to eat.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Scoobs55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
That's really ignorant, poor fish. Well the pbass is about 5-5.5" and the pleco 4.5-5"

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
That's really ignorant, poor fish. Well the pbass is about 5-5.5" and the pleco 4.5-5"
how big is max size for both fish? I would even worry about a common pleco w/ a temensis......fish aren't good at length-perception when hungry.....they eat things smaller diameter but longer than they are all the time just cuz it "fits" in their mouth

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store