How to grow Oscars fast?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
they tear up plants, but not till bigger, if kept right, can expect 6" at the 6 month period, 9" at the 10th to 12th month. then they slow down, 12 " at the 18th month possible.

Reactions: redfish1

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
for food I am a Aqueon floating chichlid pellet fan, but others mentioned good to with the exception of tetra,. as mentioned pellets need to be the staple of there diet, protein treats twice a week or so a good ideal, I prefer using freeze dried Krill soaked in boyds vita-chem.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I wouldn't knock Tetra too much. I personally don't feed it regularly but it is a perfectly balanced food and you won't encounter any deficiencies using it. I would recommend it for people living in areas where others feeds aren't easily available, Tetra seems easiest to source.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I consider it the top ramen of fish food, can your fish live on it like a collage student? you bet. but certainly not a good diet.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I don't like that comparison because Tetra foods have the vitamins unlike Top Ramen, not trying to argumentative.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
no argument taken, or offence, :) and point taken, I am not a fan of fishes staple vitamin intake being by way of supplement. but rather derived from the food they are eating, true, I do supplement my fish by soaking freeze dried super krill in boyds vita-chem once a week, rather its helping them or just making expensive fish pee, I do not know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store