Interesting behavior

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yeah it is interesting, I recently read something about them forming pairs in the wild. So maybe that could explain it
But with a whole different species? That look nothing alike except being dark bodied. They don't even occur in the same continent lol, that's what made it interesting for me

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
J jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Very cool moe. Thanks for sending it to me. I think ive been seeing some similar bebavior. I have 15ish inch endlicheri and 5 inch sen that are inseperable. The endli and ornate dont get along at. At first i thought it was a territorial thing. So i removed all the dw. Things calmed down a bit but eventually started up again.

The ornate has always been a trouble maker killed s smaller gold dust and ripped the tail off of the same sen 6 months ago. when i put the sen back into the tank about two weeks after adding the endli i though ok the ornates behaving cool but now when the ornate is near the sen it rushes over to the bigger endli.

Im thinking the aggression between the endli and ornate is out of protection... thought i was crazy .....but maybe

Reactions: moe214

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
And as you can see, when I was in his face at first he didn't care lol it's only when I go near the ornate, any other fish, he doesn't care about. He just recently started doing this since maybe last week, wonder if it's cause I use the iPad. Next time I'll go to the ornate without it and see if he bothers with just me. I never heard of fish defending another that wasn't their fry or spawning partner. This being a whole different species, is interesting to me lol wonder if he'll stop as time goes on. The wolf was in about a month after the ornate was. The ornate I had for almost a year now and the wolf will be a year with me in the middle of March. So for him to just start showing this behavior is also weird. There's been very few times where he flared his gills at me. He's really laid back, swims around the bottom minding his business. Doesn't bother with me, but it's switched as of lately lol I don't mind it though it's cool
Very interesting behaviour

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Very cool moe. Thanks for sending it to me. I think ive been seeing some similar bebavior. I have 15ish inch endlicheri and 5 inch sen that are inseperable. The endli and ornate dont get along at. At first i thought it was a territorial thing. So i removed all the dw. Things calmed down a bit but eventually started up again.

The ornate has always been a trouble maker killed s smaller gold dust and ripped the tail off of the same sen 6 months ago. when i put the sen back into the tank about two weeks after adding the endli i though ok the ornates behaving cool but now when the ornate is near the sen it rushes over to the bigger endli.

Im thinking the aggression between the endli and ornate is out of protection... thought i was crazy .....but maybe
I think it's very possible. Bichirs are fairly nocturnal aswell, so you can't tell what's going on at night.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store