Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
The hemibagrus olyroides is getting more confident by the day, he will come out of his cave whenever I open the lid of the tank. Hopefully I can get some full shots of him soon because he looks really cool, especially his tail.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
He eats everyday
Does it feed enough? To a bulge? If so and it is not putting any weight on, I'd suspect intestinal parasites or some other problem.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
If I may ask, where did you get your Hemibagrus Olyroides from? I had been watching them on aqua imports for a few weeks before they sadly went out of stock before I could order one.

Reactions: Iamfish

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
Does it feed enough? To a bulge? If so and it is not putting any weight on, I'd suspect intestinal parasites or some other problem.
He has grown and put on weight since I got him, maybe the angle of the picture made him look weird?

If I may ask, where did you get your Hemibagrus Olyroides from? I had been watching them on aqua imports for a few weeks before they sadly went out of stock before I could order one.
Aqua Imports

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Reactions: Iamfish

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
You happen to have any exp with them, and know if you they are ok when kept alone. I have read some sources that say they are not affected when kept alone while other sources say they hide all the time when alone.
For what its worth, i keep an ornatus in my community (gifted to me from none other than Jexnell Jexnell ). Other two bottom feeders in the tank are a pictus and raphael. They get along famously. The ornatus is gregarious and active. It is skittish but definitely calms down once its used to its surroundings. I recommend at least a 5' tank with lots of open floor space for them to patrol. Like a lot of fish, water quality seems to have a lot to do with the skittishness.

20190420_090523.jpg

Also, love your cat collection. Keep the updates coming.

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
For what its worth, i keep an ornatus in my community (gifted to me from none other than Jexnell Jexnell ). Other two bottom feeders in the tank are a pictus and raphael. They get along famously. The ornatus is gregarious and active. It is skittish but definitely calms down once its used to its surroundings. I recommend at least a 5' tank with lots of open floor space for them to patrol. Like a lot of fish, water quality seems to have a lot to do with the skittishness.

View attachment 1369691

Also, love your cat collection. Keep the updates coming.
I was thinking about adding a larger pleco to try something a little different. I have had my eye on psedacanthicus serratus for a little while now so I might go with that. Thanks for the info on your experience and compliment :), I will certainly keep the updates coming.

Reactions: Backfromthedead
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store