huntery18

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
Beauty Dempsies. I can’t seem to get mine to darken up. He/she is more tan most of the time. Have you ever noticed this in yours? I’m thinking it’s my lighting or maybe still adjusting as I have only had the Cichlid for a month.
not sure what tank situation you have going on but i had four that were all very light then i changed my rocks to black sand and added a black background to the back and one wall and mine have changed drastically they don't even look like the same fish

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Update:

Well pops are the last batch of fry, then went postal on the misses. I found her dead the other morning. :(

All the resident got moved into my Devil's tank and are serving as dithers. Doing a great job at that also as targets for the Devil's to chase around. There are so many that no one gets picked on too much. And is also making the pair bond stronger.
The 55gal is now the grow out for Caspers and Goldies fry.20190105_110034.jpg 20190105_110046.jpg

At last count there were 23 of them left.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
So I got a tank for free.
Its 15inW x 36inL x 20inH 46.82 gallons

So now to choose the little jerks that will get to live in it. I got three in mind, each will be like my old 55 that popped a seam. The main pair of cichlids and dithers, bottom feeder.

1) Honduran red points
2) Nanolutea
3) Jewel's

What do you all think?

Oh here's the new tank
20190504_203453.jpg

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Although probably the most aggressive of the three, I think I would try a pair of one of the African jewell cichlids(hemichromis I assume).
The reason I would choose these is there are some lovely robust African characins to choose from for biotope correct tank mates.
Not sure if that matters to you?
There are also some nice catfish and oddballs that may be able to share the space depending on the aggression levels of the jewell.
Hardy easy to grow African plants are also easy to get hold of. Anubias and nymphia lotus spring to mind.

My second choice would be the nanos, simply because they are small and beautiful.
All would make nice residents but I've been itching to do something African for a while now.
It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
So actually I have devised a much grander plan.
I was able to get one of those Aqueon 6ft 125s while on sale, picking it up later today.
So MTS has taken over again and next month is my 48th birthday. I think we all will get to play a game of "What's in the box?"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store