Please help.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
It's geeting better there are some fish related companies popping up they've started with food and maybe they'll bring test kits too. We do get Chinese alternatives but they're not reliable and they too got scarce due to the covid situation.
What’s a good fresh water test kit? What would you suggest

Vivekcichlids

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2020
Don’t think it’s the convict. 90 gallons with a 2 year old Oscar, pleco and convict is going to put a lot on the tank and would probably be best with only the Oscar to give it good swimming space. When I hear gasping I always think of oxygen levels in the tank being low as this has happened to me several times.
The 2 year old Oscar already died. I don't think an Oscar with a pleco in a 5 feet long tank is too many fishes. Also, the Oscar I have right now is only 2 inches.
About air it has a good flow and two bubblers.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Vivekcichlids

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2020
You may order one online, if you think your cycle is off and if you are from India you could order aquatic remedies
Microlife s2 for cycle.
BTW do you have substrate at the bottom? Could be that something is wrong with the substrate.
Yes. I have substrate.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
The 2 year old Oscar already died. I don't think an Oscar with a pleco in a 5 feet long tank is too many fishes. Also, the Oscar I have right now is only 2 inches.
About air it has a good flow and two bubblers.
What type of pleco, at 2 years your Oscar should be full grown ( I think ) and plecos produce waste really fast which can cause bacterial bloom and mess up the parameters

Vivekcichlids

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2020
I have just dropped a sponge filter in my Oscar tank from another cycled tank. I just hope it gets instantly cycled.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store