-603FiShHoBbIeSt-

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2018
Well plans have changed a little with the trio of oscars I have. Today I got rid of 11 fish which cut the bio load I had in half leaving me with 8 fish, I did a large water change and then got things back to normal.
I have been housing 3 oscars temporarily in a 20 gallon long set up as a lot of you know. The larger of the 3 oscars I’ve noticed has the most personality and seems to be the most out going. I’ve also noticed a little aggression between him and the other two smaller oscars, so today I made the decision to just transfer him to my 125g solo without the other two oscars. So plans for the 125 have changed as I have come to the conclusion of just keeping the larger red Oscar and giving the other two to my LFS. I’m hoping all goes well as the thin bar silver dollars I have are quite a bit larger, hoping the red Oscar will be confident enough to compete with the other fish when it comes to feeding time.

Reactions: Poseidon2.0

NoNameLeft

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
That Oscar is still pretty wee compared to everyone else. I’m sure he’ll be fine but if you’ve made the decision to rehome the other two I wouldn’t hesitate to put him back in the 20 long to grow out a bit more.

Reactions: -603FiShHoBbIeSt-

-603FiShHoBbIeSt-

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2018
That Oscar is still pretty wee compared to everyone else. I’m sure he’ll be fine but if you’ve made the decision to rehome the other two I wouldn’t hesitate to put him back in the 20 long to grow out a bit more.
Yah he seems to be doing good so far but will definitely be keeping an eye on him

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store