MFK Member
Nov 7, 2018
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Pleas help. He’s sick and we need help, I originally posted this (link below) in the pleco bottom dweller forum but I thought I might get a better response here

Only other notes:
1) we added the plant food yesterday Easy Green from aquarium co-op
2) Nitrates are high, close to 40 doing a water change tomorrow morning first thing. Anything I can do immediately?
3) I’m disabled so I’m limited and can’t do much tonight but I’m open to suggestions! I have stress coat and a few other things here...
4) 20% change last week, due again tomorrow. Planning at least 30%-suggestions????

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d suggest trying to get the nitrates down as much as possible. Up ur water changes to 50% twice a week. If ur disabled then get a pond pump and a garden hose for the water changes. Add some salt 1 tsp per g for now.

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
If you have a python system it makes water changes so much easier but if you want to make it even easier then get a pump like kno4te kno4te said
Other than that up water changes to 50% a week at least alson what tank size and what are the tank mates?

Reactions: FESHMAN

NilusFishFamily

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2018
If you have a python system it makes water changes so much easier but if you want to make it even easier then get a pump like kno4te kno4te said
Other than that up water changes to 50% a week at least alson what tank size and what are the tank mates?
120g
1 goldfish 4”
It’s just the 2 of them in there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store