MFK Member
May 21, 2018
The common name for Pimelouds Maculatus is spotted pim
How well do the plants in your tank, and wont
1 x Oscar
2 x guianacara gaeyi
4 x Silver Dollars
2 (3) x Pimelouds Maculatus
Be too much for a 120 gallon dual overflew, with a trigger 36 sump?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
If you want plants, oscars are usually problematic, they are omnivorous and will chew most plants into smithereens.
Something like papyrus would work because its like eating cardboard, but at least 1/3rd of the plant needs to be above the water level, most normal aquarium plants would be considered salad.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
In my tank I have some Java fern, and a giant mother Amazonian sword. So far she (My Oscar) has not eaten any leaves that I have seen. But she is good at just plain ripping the leaves off of the plant....

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Wow, cool how many gallons is that, and whats it stocked with?
Its a 6ft, 150 gal, stocked with Madagascans, (Paratilapia polleni 1 male 3 females, And a shoal of Paretroplus maculatus).

for a while I grew out some Cinelichthys bocourti in the tank, but they ate the papyrus, so I moved them to a 400 gal kiddy pool. (they are the small yellowish ones.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
How well do the plants in your tank, and wont
1 x Oscar
2 x guianacara gaeyi
4 x Silver Dollars
2 (3) x Pimelouds Maculatus
Be too much for a 120 gallon dual overflew, with a trigger 36 sump?
Debatable if that is too much, I think you could get away with it if you were willing to do two decent sized water changes a week. If you are concerned or would rather stock on the light side, I'd remove either the SD's, the Pimelodus, or the gaeyi.

Kingster

Piranha
MFK Member
May 21, 2018
Debatable if that is too much, I think you could get away with it if you were willing to do two decent sized water changes a week. If you are concerned or would rather stock on the light side, I'd remove either the SD's, the Pimelodus, or the gaeyi.
If more work means more Diversity, it is something I can pay to do no matter what but think I mite only get 2 Maculatus

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store