Wild ‘Columbia’ Oscars

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The little monster update

Oscar#1 - the dominate one

Oscar#2 - my favorite patterned. Hope the contrast of light and dark still shows when older.

Oscar#3 - the smallest and the one getting picked on hard by #1. It gets plenty of food and overall is doing well, just getting nipped at constantly by the other two.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Are you going to move the smallest one out, I would be concerned about him getting stressed and picking up a infection.
Im watching them closely and have isolated the bully so #3 could get a break. But of course then Oscar #2 steps up as dominant and starts to bully. But it seems the difference is that Oscar #1 is shredding fins while #2 just chases. I do have a friend who likes the pattern on #3 and would take it but I am giving it a little bit of time still.

Reactions: dan518

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Im watching them closely and have isolated the bully so #3 could get a break. But of course then Oscar #2 steps up as dominant and starts to bully. But it seems the difference is that Oscar #1 is shredding fins while #2 just chases. I do have a friend who likes the pattern on #3 and would take it but I am giving it a little bit of time still.
Don't blame you for trying to make it work, the three would look great together once they get a bit of size.

Reactions: Jexnell and DMD123

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
I love that these have faint morphometric cues indicating how gigantic they are going to be. The forward-set eyes, loooooonnng belly - these are going to be CHUNKERS. Think 16-17 inches in 5 years, I'd put money on it. As long as you change the water like a maniac...

Reactions: DMD123 and Jexnell

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I love that these have faint morphometric cues indicating how gigantic they are going to be. The forward-set eyes, loooooonnng belly - these are going to be CHUNKERS. Think 16-17 inches in 5 years, I'd put money on it. As long as you change the water like a maniac...
Yeah the body shape is elongated, will be interesting to see what they turn out like. They are growing so well and eat like they are starving all the time.

Reactions: Jexnell

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The first casualty... Oscar #3 was getting picked on hard. It was eating like a little piggy just this morning but Oscar #1 was pretty rough...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store