900 gallon monster pond stocklist

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
Will the use of a aerator be good too for my planned system? The one I'm looking at has airflow of .15 CFM. I'm most likely going to use water lettuce too.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have no knowledge of aerators but with a large surface area and filter flow will be a good start

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
I'm going to just move my ripsaw catfish and keep my flower horn inside. I'd have decided that I will just raise +25 juvenile koi and sell them off until I have 6-10 of my favorite ones left. Will my catfish be able to survive the winter or will I have to move him back inside once it is winter time?

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
I would be worried about the golden dorado and the green servum and the flower horn

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
I would be worried about the golden dorado and the green servum and the flower horn
I've decided not to get a golden dorado, and the flowerhorn is going to live inside. Also the divider of my severum and flower horn tanks got knocked over and the flowerhorn mutilated my severum. I'm currently looking into growing out a silver arowana and another hardy large characin.

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
man, golden dorado are cool, definitely get some peacock bass! and maybe a African arrowana!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Chalceus are good characins ;)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I like how that look, but I do believe they will eventually become arowana fare. I am interested in one for my aquariums though. I've been looking a trio of cigar sharks
That is true... they need a lot of space in an aquarium though

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
That is true... they need a lot of space in an aquarium though
I believe my pond should be large enough to hold a trio, plus in my part of Arizona it gets warm enough that I can overwinter hardy tropical fish. So I will do a silver arowana, and maybe the trio of cigar barbs, and a few good looking plecos.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store