1-2 Fish for a 29 Gallon Tank

Cfremont23

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2020
I would suggest a pair of convicts, maybe even pink ones but you would have to look more specifically for those. But they look pretty cool in my opinion and they are usually dirt cheap and if they breed they won't eat the babies, because they are the best fish parents. Hope this helps!

Reactions: tlindsey

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Hey guys, I think something simple and easy, not a cichlid is what he wants. I think maybe 2 Angelfish is good because they are easy to care for, and are very pretty. Maybe not a pair of Convict cichlids. Or, go to your local lfs and take notice of some fish that are capable of being in a small tank.

And, It is a 29-gallon aquarium, so you could put a Leopard Gecko or some easy reptile. Just a suggestion

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Hey guys, I think something simple and easy, not a cichlid is what he wants. I think maybe 2 Angelfish is good because they are easy to care for, and are very pretty. Maybe not a pair of Convict cichlids. Or, go to your local lfs and take notice of some fish that are capable of being in a small tank.

And, It is a 29-gallon aquarium, so you could put a Leopard Gecko or some easy reptile. Just a suggestion
You know angels are cichlids yea?

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Oh. Haha!!! Welp, you proved me wrong. lol!! Never knew that. They have no appearance like a cichlid, so I naturally thought they were not. ? Welp, u learn something new everyday!

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I meant a breeding pair.
In order to get a breeding pair it is best to start with at least a group of 6 and wait for them to pair off. Pairing can take 9 months up to a year. not a good choice for a 29g

or you can spend a larger amount of money and purchase two full grown paired angels...which depending where you are located fully grown fish are not always available.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Ok. Well maybe a simpler fish. Maybe a Zig Zag Spiny Eel. Is that to big? If so, I would settle for 2 Bolivian Rams or German Rams.

Also, If you don't mind me asking, why only 1-2 fish and why not a school of tetras and cory's?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
You know angels are cichlids yea?
I find that lots of people make that mistake as they look nothing like what most people think of when they think of cichlids. They also are quite peaceful, typically, when by themselves which further dilutes the image of them being a cichlid.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store